DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Map collectable

ColaCinema

Magician
Minecraft IGN: ColaCinema
Dark Follower Serpent Vampire
Hey!

Could a map that has pixel art in it be used for a collectable?
a map has an ID so when its made you can spawn it in.

maybe this is something that could be looked into, its great for an event item and it can be put in an item frame.
i know the server has bungeecord and other worlds so that is a thing.
but i have seen it done before.

for questions please let me know

Ivan_

Professor
Minecraft IGN: _Navyy
Auralock Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf
Hey!

Could a map that has pixel art in it be used for a collectable?
a map has an ID so when its made you can spawn it in.

maybe this is something that could be looked into, its great for an event item and it can be put in an item frame.
i know the server has bungeecord and other worlds so that is a thing.
but i have seen it done before.

for questions please let me know
This is such a cool idea! I mean the old chocohop cards were maps and they actually had a picture of the person, I don't know if there were issues with that but it looked cool.

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Heya @ColaCinema!

On behalf of the Poltergeist team, I'd like to thank you for creating your suggestion, as we're always looking for ways to improve the server and make it fun and fair for everyone! At this time, I will bring up your suggestion to the staff team for further discussion. Once the leadership team reaches a decision, I'll update you with a response!

Thank you again and I hope you have a good day!

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Hiya again @ColaCinema!

Apologies for the long wait! Thank you again for making this suggestion! After some discussion, the leadership team has decided to decline this suggestion, unfortunately. As mentioned on the thread, we used to do the Marauder's Map (essentially the warp key system back then), choco frog cards, and old cameras with custom maps.

However, we stopped using this system due to it causing issues, as it would break maps and cause them to become blank. When a map saved blocks on an individual server and a player would switch with the item, it doesn't have the necessary data to pull it from. Occasionally, we use custom maps, but we only do that for decor in the Hub as it does not switch servers.

Regardless of this, we hope that you continue to create more suggestions and share them with us. Thank you again and I hope you have a lovely day!