DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Meaningful Wandlore

Would you be interested in this feature?

• Yes! Something like this is exactly what Potterworld needs.

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • No! I can't think of a good reason or purpose for this.

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Maybe. It seems like a nice idea, though some things would need to be changed.

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters

mn614

Magician
Staff
Minecraft IGN: mn614
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven Lore Master SPEW
Hi! I think it would be really great if wandlore were added to the server. Key elements of wandlore would include testing, materials, and effects.

Some of my suggestions for this feature would be as follows:
When a newcomer purchases their wand, they could take a test, similar to the sorting quiz. The test would determine certain attributes (similar to the wand test on Pottermore) such as wood and core.
Furthermore, these attributes would affect spellcasting and other gameplay features. These would correspond to Pottermore descriptions. For example:
- A wand made of black walnut might upgrade all charms
- A wand with a dragon heartstring core might increase damage
- A wand made of holly might increase quest rewards
- A wand with pliant or whippy flexibility could be dropped with the Q button
- A short wand might reduce cast time

And so on!

If a player's beliefs and opinions change, or they feel they have gone through noticeable change or development, they may choose to retake the wand quiz and find a wand better suited to them.

I feel that adding meaningful wandlore would enhance the experience of the individual player, as it offers customization based on personality and character. Furthermore, it would definitely increase the value of one's wand wood and core, as most players regard it as insignificant and, in some cases, even is a point of distress (I've known someone who was rather unhappy that their wand core was a troll whisker).

Last edited:

meigsmerlin

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: meigsmerlin
Auralock Raven
I like this idea a ton! This would be really fun as its more customization and personal lore you could get into as a player. And the side of affecting gameplay would go well with the server's current direction with Revelius. It seems very much in the same spirit. Definitely hoping head staff will consider these ideas and make changes like this :eek:
<333

Lizzie

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Rhines
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire
A test sounds really fun, although conversion for players with already-owned wands might be not an option. I'd love to see more customization based on what kind of wands we have! Although, I doubt the wand abilities would be added, as it would provide an unfair advantage in gameplay to certain wandholders. Overall, lovely idea! :D

Bailey

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: viewful
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire
Hello, and thank you for making a suggestion for Potterworld!

I will bring this to light to the Poltergeist team immediately and gain feedback in order to give you a response as soon as possible. Thank you again, and take care!

Keira :D

Professor
Minecraft IGN: ohBelle_
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire
This is a very cool idea, but as Lizzie said, the wand features could create an unfair advantage, but if they change that, I love this idea! Super cool

may2070

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: may2070
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
I love the idea of the customization, because it gives more purpose to the wands. I feel like the wand abilities idea might provide an unfair advantage, as Lizzie said. Besides, it will take a while for the newcomer to figure out which play style/magic abilities suit them, and having a wand with a special ability might force them to adapt their play style pretty early instead of exploring different options on their own (such as the black walnut wand forcing its user to mainly use charms). I also think that it will result in players retaking the quiz to get the best possible wand, instead of having a wand that matches their personality. Overall, I love the idea of the quiz but I'm not really certain on the wand ability idea

Bailey

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: viewful
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire
Hello,

After further discussion, we are very happy to inform you that we liked this idea! We believe adding wand traits is a great idea. It allows for more of a personal customisation to a player's wand and is just overall a fun aspect. However, we are unsure when this will actually be completed as there is a lot of back-end challenges with this. We plan to add this feature in the foreseeable future! Make sure to keep an eye out for any updates!

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a suggestion! It generally means a lot to us!

meigsmerlin

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: meigsmerlin
Auralock Raven
Hello,

After further discussion, we are very happy to inform you that we liked this idea! We believe adding wand traits is a great idea. It allows for more of a personal customisation to a player's wand and is just overall a fun aspect. However, we are unsure when this will actually be completed as there is a lot of back-end challenges with this. We plan to add this feature in the foreseeable future! Make sure to keep an eye out for any updates!

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a suggestion! It generally means a lot to us!
oooh omg thats so awesome! thank you guys!! yall do amazing work