DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Melting floor 1v1

NotDetroit

Magician
Minecraft IGN: ditruuit
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent
So when you play melting floor and survive for 10 minutes I believe the person who is higher on the Y coord wins automatically which is a dumb system because what if you are on the same floor?
So I suggest that at the end of the 10m everyone left is teleported to a small "floor" I guess with many bombs then who ever wins on that wins the game otherwise you just wasted 10m. There may be another way aswell to determine a winner but doing it by Y level is idk a bit annoying

Honey_Dwarf1

Archivist
Minecraft IGN: Honey_Dwarf1
Phoenix Raven
I've never been in a game that has lasted that long, but I can see a problem if the winner depends on who happens to press the space bar when the timer reaches zero. Would it be possible to have a system where the player who is higher can only win if their y coordinate is significantly (at least 5 or so) higher than the other player's? And if not they could be teleported into a 'deathmatch'. Because it also seems a bit unfair to take away the advantage that the player on the higher floor has

Pat Laetus

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: xCL_
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf SPEW
So when you play melting floor and survive for 10 minutes I believe the person who is higher on the Y coord wins automatically which is a dumb system because what if you are on the same floor?
So I suggest that at the end of the 10m everyone left is teleported to a small "floor" I guess with many bombs then who ever wins on that wins the game otherwise you just wasted 10m. There may be another way aswell to determine a winner but doing it by Y level is idk a bit annoying
I quite like this idea and agree to it, but I'm not actually sure if its based on the y level or the game just picked someone random between us because it should've been a draw

NotDetroit

Magician
I've never been in a game that has lasted that long, but I can see a problem if the winner depends on who happens to press the space bar when the timer reaches zero. Would it be possible to have a system where the player who is higher can only win if their y coordinate is significantly (at least 5 or so) higher than the other player's? And if not they could be teleported into a 'deathmatch'. Because it also seems a bit unfair to take away the advantage that the player on the higher floor has
I think it would be nice to do it so it calculates who is higher by an amount, in this case being 5 however should probably be higher as we need to take into account jump potions, so maybe like 15 or so. I also think that it wouldn't be unfair to teleport all players into a deathmatch as it takes no skill to get to 10 minutes you just need to jump every block so maybe it's just me but I don't personally believe it would be unfair.

NotDetroit

Magician
I quite like this idea and agree to it, but I'm not actually sure if its based on the y level or the game just picked someone random between us because it should've been a draw
I mean, I have had games go to 10 minutes about 10 times and from pretty much every game the person above me will all ways win and vice versa. Then if we are on the same floor I think it's who ever jump last idk

NotDetroit

Magician
it shud just be a draw imo, cause it wud annoy ppl if others are waiting
It should probably be a draw and I had a long debate with myself about how that would work, as the leaderboard is already established and how would it work with placements. And it shouldnt be every1 left gets a win because every game would go 10m then so idk.

has the problem where nobody gets tokens/gold for a draw been fixed? if so, I think a draw would be a good solution
Yeah I think it was fixed ages ago but again idk about a draw :shrug:

Grace

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: PinkWeezie
Honeybadger Auralock Vampire SPEW
Heya!

Thank you so much for your suggestion! This is a really interesting and cool idea for the Melting floor minigame. I will bring your idea up with the Poltergeist team to see what they think and will respond once we have come to a decision. Have a wonderful day! :)

Grace

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: PinkWeezie
Honeybadger Auralock Vampire SPEW
Hey again @NotDetroit!

So sorry for the late response! I have brought your idea up with the rest of the leadership team and am extremely pleased to let you know that your suggestion has been accepted! We really liked your idea and totally understand the frustrations of the winner being decided by whoever has the highest "Y" coordinate. We want to make sure that this game is extremely fair and we will be implementing a deathmatch for after the 10 minute time limit runs out! Make sure to keep an eye out for when this goes live!

Thank you so much for your suggestion and we look forward to any other ideas you have in the future! I hope you have an amazing day. :)

marmitemira

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: marmitemira
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower SPEW
Hello @NotDetroit!

We have an update on your suggestion. Unfortunately, we will now be declining the idea to implement a deathmatch to determine the winner when multiple players are left at the end of 10 minutes. However, we have changed it so that at the end of 10 minutes, players on the same floor will tie. If players are on different floors, the person on the highest floor will win.

Thank you again for this idea and we hope you continue to contribute and share any ideas you have with us. Have a wonderful day!