DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Melting Floor Maps

Lilian

Dragonologist
Minecraft IGN: Liyl
Auralock Dark Follower Serpent
In the game melting floors, there are many different maps of many different sizes. Some are very small and vice versa. From my experience, I've noticed that the game will take extremely long when it starts with four on the larger maps. It will even occasionally result in ties. Adding on to this, games can be extremely stressful and short in games with more players on smaller maps. I don't think many people would enjoy a twelve player game on soulshards. So, in my opinion I think I’d be helpful to give maps minimum and maximum player limits. For example, perhaps you could have a maximum player limit of around 4-6 on maps like soulshards. As well as a minimum of 7-9 players on maps like mundane lane.

Last edited:

ChimpyNut

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: ChimpyNut
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Werewolf SPEW
I really like this idea because than it would fall back to your skills instead of luck if you are playing on a small map with a lot of people!

Ashh

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: AzureAsh
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Discord Moderator SPEW Game Designer Lead
Hey there!

Thank you for the suggestion! I'll bring this up to the rest of the Poltergeist team so that we can discuss it and we'll get back to you as soon as we can with a response!

Ashh

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: AzureAsh
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Discord Moderator SPEW Game Designer Lead
Hey there!

We have discussed your suggestion and we have decided that at this time, we will not be implementing it. While we agree that the size isn't the most consistent, most melting floor games consist of 4-6 players, so it's not as pressing of an issue. It is also not really possible to have a different player limit per melting floor map due to the server's tech. Once again, thank you for the suggestion!