DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Mine Depot/House Elf Changes

Lizzie

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Rhines
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire
Since the recent update, there have been many changes with the resource pack. One of these latest changes was with the chair and fence textures. The chair texture, which was previously available as a stair for around 15g for multiple, was swapped to the anvil and is now worth 30g for a single chair. Due to these changes, I decided to formulate a list of changes I'd like to see in Mine Depot to improve the experience and help with the ease of post-Revelius change.

• Either change the Heavily Damaged Anvil's price to a lower price or increase the number of anvils you receive when buying. Chairs were previously priced for a much lower price, and those who could afford the old chairs might not be able to afford the new ones.
  • Add it so that when buying any item with the house-elf, it will return to the shop window after purchase. Currently, it will exit out of the window unless you're in a select few of the house elf's mine depot tabs. This can be a pain, as it constrains you from mass-buying items, such as decorations, efficiently.
  • Make it so players are capable of exiting out of a category when visiting a tab in the house elf's mine depot. You have to exit the menu, go back in, click the mine depot icon, and then click on the right tab to change categories.
  • Add Dark Oak leaves. They just flat out are not sold, even though the other 4 leaf types are available.
  • Remove leaves from the decoration shop, and add Acacia leaves to the plant shop.
  • If possible, add hoppers and mushroom blocks. The hopper is currently the only block that has a bench texture, and mushroom blocks are used in the overworld constantly for building, specifically the red mushroom block.
  • Fill the missing shovel slot in the diamond tool section with a shovel with an equivalent form of unbreaking. Since the diamond shovel was removed solely for the reason it was tied to 3D render items, players don't have a long-lasting shovel they're capable of purchasing.
  • Change the phrasing of flowers in the Plant Shop from "Sold in stacks of two!" to "Sold in pairs of two!". The current phrasing implies you will be getting 120 flowers from spending 5g and is misleading.
  • Lower the cost of Paintings. Paintings are insanely expensive at 150g, and lowering them by 25g or 50g would make them a much more reasonable price for many players. Currently, they are more expensive than half the renders in the decoration store and seem to be incredibly overpriced compared to other mine depot offerings.
  • Lower the pricing of diamond and gold blocks. Diamond blocks especially, a 20g price on a single block deters buyers from trying out new blocks due to insanely high pricing.
  • Change the Newspaper and Newspaper Clipping's display models from scythes to their actual model. I'm unaware if this is just a client-side issue, but the model is incorrect.
  • Move saplings located in decorations to either the Plant Shop or Terrain Shop.

Well, I guess that's it. Thank you for reading!

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Heya Lizzie,
Thanks for the suggestion!
I will now bring up your suggestion to the other Poltergeists, so that we can discuss it and get back to you with a response.
Have a wonderful day!

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello again @Lizzie,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to your suggestion.
We are happy to inform you that most of these suggestions have been accepted or already implemented, as we find them logical and they would be nice quality of life changes for the mine depot.
The following suggestions were already completed when the mine depot was reworked: Back buttons were added to enable players to exit out of a category, leaves were removed from the decoration category, acacia leaves were added, the phrasing for the flower shop was improved to be made more clear and the newspaper and newspaper clippings models are now more accurate.
The following suggestions have been accepted or will be looked into: Re-opening GUI's after buying items from certain categories, adding dark oak leaves, filling the missing shovel slot in the diamond tool section with a shovel with an equivalent form of unbreaking, lowering the price of Heavily Damaged Anvil and lowering the price of diamond blocks to match their model.
The following suggestions have been declined: Lowering the price of gold blocks because their models are also gold blocks, so rp-wise it doesn't make sense to have them available for little gold. Adding hoppers because they cause lag by ticking constantly and adding mushroom blocks because they can only be placed using world edit, which would be a challenge to implement and could cause other difficulties. Lowering the cost of paintings because the high pricing of paintings is intentional, so that players are more conservative when buying them, which helps reduce lag at housings. Moving saplings away from the decoration category, because they do still fit in there as if used in flower pots they can be used to make 3D models.

We hope that our reasons are understandable and definitely thank you for your extensive list of suggestions to improve the mine depot! Thank you for taking the time to make them and have a good day!

Liz Frogg

Magician
Staff
Drooble's Order
Minecraft IGN: cxrzyyy
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Class Design Poltergeist Drooble's Order Engineer Intern
Hi @Lizzie,

I'm happy to say that we have added reopening to all mine depot pages, and have added dark oak leaves as mentioned previously. With the inflation of Gold, we will not be lowering the price of the Very Damaged Anvil or Diamond Blocks.

Once again, thank you for making your suggestions and I hope you have a wonderful rest of your day!