DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Minigame Tournaments

Lilian

Dragonologist
Minecraft IGN: Liyl
Auralock Dark Follower Serpent
If you are like me, a player who stays on the server solely for minigames, you’ll often scroll through as every game queue is empty or stuck at half full. We often overlook minigames as a daily activity task because of how small a purpose they now play in the overall server. So, I’d like to suggest making monthly tournaments for minigames.

In the past, minigame tournaments got rejected because of the server’s technological limitations. So, instead of being made like dueling or flying tournaments, they could get executed in a way similar to the past tournaments for games like Domination and Quabbleball. Players would be given a three day long time period to grind stats for the minigames of their choice. It would show these statistics on a leaderboard on the website much like the current minigame leaderboards.

The rewards for these tournaments (i.e. prefix,crown, potterpoints,) would be given to the top three players of each minigame.

Kate

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: TbhKate_
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf Discord Moderator SPEW Sr. Game Designer
I really like this idea! However, there is one issue. Sometimes, players will leave minigames right before they lose in order to avoid getting a loss on their stat record, therefore staying at the top of the leaderboard. This is NOT allowed, and should not be done, but it does happen. Therefore, although I think something like this could be really fun, I'm not sure how we could make sure the stats are purely accurate. Also, for this to work there would have to be some kind of game cap, like everyone can only play 30 games in the 3 days the tournament is going on for or something. Otherwise some people would be able to play more games than others, which would be unfair.

Overall, I really like this idea, and I think some kind of reward for being at the top of leaderboards could be added in the future, but before it is added we should make sure everyone has a fair chance at getting to the top. Thanks for your suggestion! :)

Kate

RubberButt

Magician
Minecraft IGN: RubberButt
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin
I really like this idea! However, there is one issue. Sometimes, players will leave minigames right before they lose in order to avoid getting a loss on their stat record, therefore staying at the top of the leaderboard. This is NOT allowed, and should not be done, but it does happen. Therefore, although I think something like this could be really fun, I'm not sure how we could make sure the stats are purely accurate. Also, for this to work there would have to be some kind of game cap, like everyone can only play 30 games in the 3 days the tournament is going on for or something. Otherwise some people would be able to play more games than others, which would be unfair.

Overall, I really like this idea, and I think some kind of reward for being at the top of leaderboards could be added in the future, but before it is added we should make sure everyone has a fair chance at getting to the top. Thanks for your suggestion! :)

Kate
What about a Quabbleball tournament like flying and dueling where people divide in teams and play against eachother in a tournament. The team that wins at the end gets a reward like potterpoints or something. Isn't something like that possible?

Kate

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: TbhKate_
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf Discord Moderator SPEW Sr. Game Designer
What about a Quabbleball tournament like flying and dueling where people divide in teams and play against eachother in a tournament. The team that wins at the end gets a reward like potterpoints or something. Isn't something like that possible?
As stated in this thread, unfortunately at the moment this isn't possible due to limitations with our tech. It is a great idea, though!

Kate

Grace

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: PinkWeezie
Honeybadger Auralock Vampire SPEW
Hey, thank you so much for making a suggestion for the server!

I’m just going to bring this up with the rest of the Poltergeist team. Once I get there opinions and we have come to a talked about it I’ll respond with what we have decided! Again, thank you for your suggestion and have an amazing day. :)

FlatJambo

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: FlatJambo
Honeybadger Auralock
The QB tournament sounds amazing! It's just like in the canon books and movies! It would be cool to come up with our own team names too (if it ever gets implemented).

Grace

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: PinkWeezie
Honeybadger Auralock Vampire SPEW
Hello!

Thank you so much for your suggestion! We really do appreciate every idea that is brought up to help improve the server. I have brought your idea up with the rest of the Poltergeist team and unfortunately we will be declining it. This is something that although we felt would be a fun idea, it would ultimately have too many factors that would not work. These tournaments are something that we want to keep seasonal because having them monthly would require the Moderation team constantly.

This specific suggestion seems that it would need to go off of a Win/Loss ratio which could be skewed heavily with different factors. Players could simply leave a minigame before losing so that they have a great win ratio. This is something that would have to be monitored by the moderation team which is a lot considering the amount of days players would be trying to grind. We want to make sure players have a fun experience while playing minigames and this would ruin it if players just kept leaving the game.

This was definitely a fun idea, but it would ultimately be impacted by different factors and we feel that it is better just to have minigame tournaments seasonally. Nonetheless, thank you again for this suggestion and feel free to post any other ideas you have! Hope you have an amazing day. :)