DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

More Gear Modifications

Scoobydoolego

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Scoobydoolego
Honeybadger
I think it would be more interesting if there were more stats that gear could modify, such as raw damage, both generic and of certain type of magic, or cooldown reduction in certain types of magic. This would allow players to better customize the way that they play: If they use small damage spells, they could go for increasing raw damage, or with high damage spells they could go for percentage. I also think it would be interesting if a few high-level legendary gear pieces could have special modifiers. For example, Sabatons of Frozen Fury could highly buff the duration of your Glacios, Soul-Seeing Spectacles could make it so that everyone within a certain radius would be glowing, the Penultimate Greaves could increase your damage with Venenox (because it is the second to last spell your obtain), or Duelists Cloak could increase the damage you deal to players. Other possible gear bonuses for all gear are walk speed, life steal, natural health regen, healing to yourself and other players, and probably a hundred others I'm not creative enough to think of. I feel like right now the gear system is kind of bland, and could do with some extra modifiers to make it more interesting and promote individuality more.

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello Scoobydoolego!
Thank you for making a suggestion for Potterworld. We really appreciate it!
I will now bring up your idea to the other Poltergeists, so that we can discuss it. Once we have reached a decision, we will let you know.
Have a wonderful day!

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello again @Scoobydoolego,
First of all, apologies for the delay! Thanks for bringing this suggestion up to us. We value every single idea players suggest to us!
However, we have decided to decline your suggestion at this moment in time because we are unsure of what changes gear will exactly be going through. We are constantly looking to improve the gear system and therefore consider each suggestion about it, however we aren't sure yet what we want to do. Once we have decided and we start changing the gear system, we might come back and revisit this idea.
I hope this is not too disappointing and you can enjoy the rest of your day!
Best Regards,
Aurora