DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

More Interactive Classes!

Lynn

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Mireiia
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire
As the title basically says: more interactive classes! I came up with this idea after the 24 hours of classes on Dec. 4th. It had a lot of new classes and especially more interactive classes. Afterwards, according to the chat, a lot of people seemed to really enjoy it, including myself. So, here are my ideas:

Dance/Theatre:
- In the 24 hours of classes, a theatre class was hosted. This was basically a Simon Says, but with a slight twist. I absolutely loved this idea. I think the class could have so much potential with different ideas and such. A dance class was also hosted. I was excited for the class, but I was eventually a bit disappointed. The idea with the dance moves sadly didn't turn out too well, but the rest I enjoyed! The freeze game was a lot of fun, but the carpets inspired me with another idea. Blockparty! Basically, laying out different colors on the floor, and making everyone move to that certain color within a specific amount of time. This could also be done as a Simon Says game. Dance and theatre could be mixed together as 1 class to keep the possibilities of the classes wider.

School trips:
- In the Magical Architecture class in the 24 hours of classes, we visited Beauxbois; another wizarding school. I feel like trips like these could have so much potential. Also, the builders wouldn't have to build new things for these trips, as the existing map already has so much potential! Honestly, I would personally really enjoy a school trip to a simple town such as Antrum or London and get a cool assignment there. I feel like a lot of people would really enjoy this as a little change from 'normal' classes.

True/False:
- In Medical Magic, the assignment wasn't a standard writing assignment, it was a true or false game. I feel like if this was implemented in a few classes every now and then, it could make the classes a lot more fun and interesting, as some people don't enjoy writing or quizzes that much.

Of course, none of these ideas have to be implemented as full-time classes, they could also happen every 2 weeks or every month or so! It's all up to whatever works best, of course.

Let me know what you think of these ideas, because honestly, I absolutely loved these interactive classes. ( Plus, they're not parkour! ;) )

MattyPoltergeist

Professor
Minecraft IGN: MattyPoltergeist
Serpent Werewolf
I mean for Theatre and Dance, I think the classes have actually become a little repetitive at this point. For 2 years, Dance has pretty much just been Follow the Leader and Freeze while Drama has basically only been Simon Says. So I agree that there should definitely be more variation with such classes. I'm also happy to see that Magical Architecture has returned with its field trips as I feel for the past few years the trips (and class in general) had dwindled in frequencey a bit but I think they are certainly a very fun and important part of the class. It's also nice to see that they are implementing what seems like new games with the True or False.
In my opinion, it would be great to see an increase in the amount of interactive based activities done in specifically assignment classes, which can sometimes feel a bit dull or bland. Just a trivia, a field trip, a True or False or seeing / using live demenstrations of spells etc could really spice things up. There is definitely a lot that can be done in a Roleplay sense for these classes. to name some examples done in the past:
- Magical Crime: Hiding from Law Enforcement / Solving a Murder Mystery
- Magical Law: Acting as a Jury on a Trial
- Astronomy: Going to different planets and spacecrafts
- Mythology and Charms: Showing the different spells and items taught about (such as Levosus / Thor's Hammer)
- Magical Creatures: Going and seeing the creatures and their habitat
- Ancient Studies: Visiting a Museum
- Drama (while not an Assignment Class): Allowing students to make their own improv
So yeah, I think in a lot of ways, Professors should feel inspired by these past and more current classes to put an extra creative twist to the lessons: maybe do a bit of acting and demonstration, or even going the extra mile by building or setting up a new system. It shouldn't be the complete default and norm just to hand out a book with a prompt and that be it (not saying that is wrong or bad, but assignment classes shouldn't be closed off as such). While that list was just of old ideas (which were very good and could definitely be replicated), there is still a lot of room for new ones and I'd be more influenced to go to classes if I can see a larger sense of creativity and individuality in the classes taught.

Jae ⊹₊ ⋆

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: xMye
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Lore Master SPEW Lead Arena Master Lead
Hello @Lynn !!

Thank you for taking time out of your day to not only come up with this suggestion, but also give your own personal feedback, We always love to hear how people enjoy in gameplay and are always looking to improve it! I personally love this suggestion, as I too enjoyed the different classes from the 24 hour classes. It was definitely a change :D I'm going to bring your suggestion up to the rest of the team for further opinions, once leadership have come to a decision, I will return with a response for you!

Once again thank you and I hope you have a wonderful day
:serpent:

Jae ⊹₊ ⋆

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: xMye
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Lore Master SPEW Lead Arena Master Lead
Hello @Lynn!

This suggestion has mostly been accepted, as we like the ideas that have been brought up on this thread, but it's up to the Academics team as to whether they would like to work on any of these ideas - we unfortunately cannot do any of these lesson ideas if no one wants to make them. Additionally, the Academics team is continuously working on new class ideas in a range of subjects for players to enjoy, so you will definitely see more unique interactive classes in future.

Regardless, thank you for making this suggestion B)!:serpent: