DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

More natural spell levels

Nik_Blazius

Magician
Minecraft IGN: Nik_Blazius
Honeybadger
HI! I think it would be better if our talent were more natural than chosen. The spells that we use a lot could be automatically stronger, since we have the most experience with them, so we can use them better. There could be a rate based on:
- success: whether you could hit a mob or not
- amount: how many times you casted that spell
- year: if you are in a higher year, you are more experienced
- chosen abilities: something similar to the current Spell Trees
- and gears

Aviforma

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Aviforma
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent SPEW
There was a spell levelling system in place pre-exploration where spells would grow in power as they were cast more often. I would love to see it make a return, but it simply wouldn't fit in with gear.

Nik_Blazius

Magician
Minecraft IGN: Nik_Blazius
Honeybadger
There was a spell levelling system in place pre-exploration where spells would grow in power as they were cast more often.
I can't really understand why it was removed...
it simply wouldn't fit in with gear.
Yes, that's true. However, I believe spells should have a bigger importance than gears. (It's a HP server after all.) I think there are good ideas in Matty's thread about gears.

Last edited:

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello therblaze,
Thank you for your suggestion.
We, the Poltergeist Team, will certainly discuss it and get back to you as soon as a decision is made.
Have a great day!

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello again @Nik_Blazius,

Once again, thank you for all the suggestions and feedback you give us. We appreciate it!

Unfortunately however, we will be declining this suggestion as the current system we already have is complicated and we do not want to add another layer to that. There was a spell leveling system similar to this previously, but it had too many problems that we will not be considering it again. It was originally implemented to allow players to feel a sense of progression, but we feel that is no longer needed anymore as there is a different way of progressing now (levels).
We hope this isn't too disappointing and that you understand our reasoning as well.

Have a fantastic day!