DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

More npcs in the castle

Sinelius

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: Sinelius
Honeybadger
Heyo, I've been through the entire castle and one of the only so to say complaints that I have is the lack of 'life' in certain parts of it. Some areas are gorgeously fitted with all kinds of decorations and aesthetic style, though some are just as it seems 'empty'. I know some may be emptier for a reason and not everything should be overstimulated but overall I think a bit more npcs and things in less popular areas of the castle would be neat.
Also, an idea for npcs who say something when you walk by them every now and then (maybe a timer that triggers so it wont spam), just like when house ghosts greet you at common rooms.
There could be two or three npcs standing close and 'talking' in some emptier areas. Just one of them say something random like in the fifth and sixth HP game if anyone knows what I'm talking about. Possibly some sitting at places, courtyards, benches, running around, (younger years more juvenile and energetic and older years more serious and adult-ish/academic things to say and walk slower.
Basically all of this is paying respects to the 5th/6th HP games and how they made their castles more lifelike.
I understand its probably performance heavy on the server but there's gotta be a way to implement this idea in some way or another in the future, its just waiting to happen heh
Let me know what you think!
Cheers šŸ˜Š

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
I agree that there should at least be a few more NPCs scattered around the school that can bring more life to it because it seems empty apart from the Quest NPCs that are already there. This should also be done in other towns and possibly in random areas in the entire map, where an explorer can run into an NPC that's stuck in a cave or lost in the dark forest.

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Hiya, @Sinelius!

Iā€™d like to inform you that your suggestion has been accepted, as we would like to do this. Adding NPCs around the castle would help to fill the castle up a bit more and add more life to it. We hope to add some of these sometime in the near future! We hope that you continue to make more ideas and share them with us in the future!

Have a good day!