DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Move the Scribbler Letdown Quest

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
The Scribbler Letdown quest seems to be in a weird position in the entire sequence of quests for Year 3.
This quest requires the player to venture way out south to the Lovett Hovel to initiate the quest which then requires the player to find the Scribbler in Diagon Alley. The quest before Scribbler Letdown takes place in Hogsend, then it's the Scribbler Letdown, and then it's the London Bound quest which is initiated at the Hogsend Train Station.

It doesn't make sense to have the Scribbler Letdown quest in the current sequence because the players haven't discovered London through the London Bound quest yet. But 90% of the Scribbler Letdown quest takes place in Diagon Alley.

Some possible suggestions:
1. Move Lana to Diagon Alley? The majority of the Scribbler Letdown quest takes place in the Diagon Alley area. Maybe she could be found in a bookstore Boundless Books or somewhere else in Vertick? Doing this might mess with the quick travel feather that's given at the end of the quest though.
2. Move the Scribbler Letdown quest to Year 4, Quest 5 right before the Blocked Source quest? At this point in the quest sequence, players will have already found London and travelled to the towns in the southern area of the map.

pupies

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: Pupies
Honeybadger
Hii, Somnambulist! I disagree with your suggestions. Also, I believe that the Scribbler Letdown quest shouldn’t be moved. Technically speaking, the player has never been taught to go to Diagon Alley.

So moving Lana to Diagon Alley would not be beneficial. This is because, for almost all the quests, there is somewhere to travel. For example, in the Fat Lady quest, you have to go to the Griffin Common Rooms, and then you have to travel back down the stairs and then go to the Carekeeper’s hut, which is a way to explore the forest more and more familiar with their surroundings.

Another point I disagree with is moving the quest down to Year 4. The whole point of London Bound is to get the player familiar with transporting through the bus and exploring the places available. When you talk to the Conductor on the bus, there are a couple of places to visit. As a player, I would try to visit all of them to get myself familiar with my surroundings and what I use for future quests. So, it would be beneficial in the long run because they will need information about their surroundings to help them in future quests. Also, making them more familiar with all the places will help them as other quests.

Overall, the Scribbler Letdown quest should be in Year 3. It shouldn’t be anywhere else as they need to get familiar with their surroundings, so they know where to go for the next quest.

Honey_Dwarf1

Archivist
Minecraft IGN: Honey_Dwarf1
Phoenix Raven
Hii, Somnambulist! I disagree with your suggestions. Also, I believe that the Scribbler Letdown quest shouldn’t be moved. Technically speaking, the player has never been taught to go to Diagon Alley.

So moving Lana to Diagon Alley would not be beneficial. This is because, for almost all the quests, there is somewhere to travel. For example, in the Fat Lady quest, you have to go to the Griffin Common Rooms, and then you have to travel back down the stairs and then go to the Carekeeper’s hut, which is a way to explore the forest more and more familiar with their surroundings.

Another point I disagree with is moving the quest down to Year 4. The whole point of London Bound is to get the player familiar with transporting through the bus and exploring the places available. When you talk to the Conductor on the bus, there are a couple of places to visit. As a player, I would try to visit all of them to get myself familiar with my surroundings and what I use for future quests. So, it would be beneficial in the long run because they will need information about their surroundings to help them in future quests. Also, making them more familiar with all the places will help them as other quests.

Overall, the Scribbler Letdown quest should be in Year 3. It shouldn’t be anywhere else as they need to get familiar with their surroundings, so they know where to go for the next quest.
I have to disagree with the disagreement honestly.
yes, there is travelling involved in almost all quests, which helps you find your way around. Hoewver there is a massive difference between travelling maybe 500 or so blocks at most and travelling between Hogsworth and London (6500 blocks). There's also nothing to learn about it - it's just countryside and nothing else at all. It's really not fun to travel that long, nor is it helpful to players.
The whole point of London Bound is to get the player familiar with transporting through the bus and exploring the places available.
I think you're mixing up the London Bound quest with the one where you search for items on the knight shuttle all around london. London Bound is the quest that gives you access to the Hogsworth Express, meaning that the Scribbler quest being before London Bound means you have to travel those 7000 blocks to get to London.

I completely agree with Psycho/Somnambulist because it's so annoying to have to go down to London, and there's no benefit to it because you don't learn anything. I think you don't even have a broom at that stage, so it takes even longer. The vanishing cabinet might be an option, but you can't expect players to know about it so early on and there should still be a quicker alternative that they are introduced to - aka the Hogsworth Express.

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Drooble's Order
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect Drooble's Order
Hello @Somnambulist,

We are happy to inform you that your second idea is something we would like to do!

In fact, it is something that was already discussed within the staff team and is therefore already planned. We realize that the current quest level doesn't really make sense in the context of other quests, as well as the fact that the locations mentioned in the quest aren't areas players will have already been to and explored at that point in the questline. That's why we've decided to raise the quest level requirement, likely to year 4. This is something that should be done rather soon, but we have been waiting for most players to get through the quest first, so we don't mess up many players' quests.

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to bring up your ideas to us! We really appreciate it and hope you will do so more in the future.

Have a fantastic day and a happy pride month!

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Drooble's Order
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect Drooble's Order
As per this announcement the level requirement for the Scribbler Letdown quest has been raised to 35 so I will be marking this as complete!