DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Move the token shop NPC to the trophy room

Kala

Magician
Minecraft IGN: xKala
Dark Follower Serpent
I think that the token shop NPC should be moved to to the trophy room in the great hall.

As a Jr. Prefect, I find that two of some of the most frequently asked questions are where voting tokens can be used or where academic credits can be used. As of right now, the NPC is situated in a small room off to the side of the great hall as you exit, seemingly randomly named "Room 243-00." For many new players, it is not a room that you would find unless you happen to stumble upon it. I have seen that players often have less trouble finding the trophy room than they do the token shop NPC, as the trophy room has a point of reference: the great hall. There are no other buildings near the token shop, which makes it more difficult to be found.

It would also just be more convenient to have the token shop NPC in the same room as the credit trader NPC. If a player were to exchange voting tokens for academic credits, they would have to run all the way down to the trophy room to then exchange those academic credits for experience. If you were to add experience as an available option to the token shop NPC you could eliminate this problem, however it does not eliminate the previous problem.

Room 243-00 is not even a canon room in the Harry Potter universe. However, the trophy room is. By removing it from the server and just moving the token shop NPC, it is easier for players to recognize places on the server and continue to be immersed in the world that Potterworld has built upon.

TL;DR: If the token shop NPC is moved to the trophy room it'll be easier for new players to find, more convenient for players hoping to trade academic credits, and will further immerse players into the Harry Potter universe.

Please let me know what you think and thank you for considering my suggestion!

Lizzie

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Rhines
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire
I think that'd be neat, but keep in mind there are actually token traders in the hub as well! I know most players don't know this, but they're located right behind the hub's spawn, in the trade station. If a player doesn't know where to go for Room 243-00. you can direct them there :)

Nyn

Professor
Minecraft IGN: xNyn
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
I think that'd be neat, but keep in mind there are actually token traders in the hub as well! I know most players don't know this, but they're located right behind the hub's spawn, in the trade station. If a player doesn't know where to go for Room 243-00. you can direct them there :)
You can't buy wand stuff or (I think but not sure about) hats in the hub tho.

nathan1e

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: nathan1e
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Hi,

I agree with this suggestion, however:
Room 243-00 is not even a canon room in the Harry Potter universe. However, the trophy room is. By removing it from the server and just moving the token shop NPC, it is easier for players to recognize places on the server and continue to be immersed in the world that Potterworld has built upon.
CLICK - Room 243-00 exists in the Harry Potter universe, and was described as the place where Argus Filch lived. It is assumed within the HP wikia that the circular building adjacent to the entrance hall in the films is where this room was located.

CLICK - This circular building is referred to as the "Pepperpot", which is exactly what I shall be calling it. This part of Hogwarts castle was visible throughout EVERY film. This is quite an achievement, since some of the more commonly known structures (eg clocktower, astronomy tower) were only visible in a selection of films.

CLICK - The bell towers are part of the structure of the castle. However, these towers are, by your standards, also not part of the Harry Potter universe; they only appeared in films and video games.

With all of that in mind, I think it makes sense to keep this room, but simply repurpose it. Just like the bell towers are a vital part of the castle, I think this part of the castle makes it what it is, with the exterior of the castle being almost completely accurate to the movies.

I don't think it should be repurposed to the caretaker's living quarters, btw. I believe that already exists somewhere on the first floor. I find it makes sense for PW to alter the consistency of the interior a bit, simply to fit its gameplay.

So yeah, TL;DR, I agree with the initial suggestion to move the voting token trader but I disagree with the notion of potentially removing this room alltogether.

Ps. If anyone wants to have a chat with me about why the castle in PW is not completely accurate to the movies, shoot me a PM on discord, Nathan_Stagg#9276

Lizzie

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Rhines
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire
You can't buy wand stuff or (I think but not sure about) hats in the hub tho.
You're able to purchase all (except spells possibly) voting token items in the hub. I'm a bit confused on the spells since they're displayed on the hub menu, albeit they have a description saying it requires a wand, but every item should be accessible there.

Kala

Magician
Dark Follower Serpent
Thank you for your suggestion Lizzie! It is something I could implement in my answer to a player, however my main concern with this would be an instance where the player would have trouble finding it within the hub. If they were unaware of how to message me for more help, they would likely use the hub chat to attempt to communicate with me. If I wanted to be able to talk with them, I would also have to go to the hub myself and this could be an issue if I were the only moderator at the time tasked with the responsibility of moderating global chat. It is something I might try out, but I think I'd still like to see the trophy room be the main place for this instead of having to guide a player through the hub server. Again, thank you for the idea :)

Kala

Magician
Dark Follower Serpent
Hi,

I agree with this suggestion, however:

CLICK - Room 243-00 exists in the Harry Potter universe, and was described as the place where Argus Filch lived. It is assumed within the HP wikia that the circular building adjacent to the entrance hall in the films is where this room was located.

CLICK - This circular building is referred to as the "Pepperpot", which is exactly what I shall be calling it. This part of Hogwarts castle was visible throughout EVERY film. This is quite an achievement, since some of the more commonly known structures (eg clocktower, astronomy tower) were only visible in a selection of films.

CLICK - The bell towers are part of the structure of the castle. However, these towers are, by your standards, also not part of the Harry Potter universe; they only appeared in films and video games.

With all of that in mind, I think it makes sense to keep this room, but simply repurpose it. Just like the bell towers are a vital part of the castle, I think this part of the castle makes it what it is, with the exterior of the castle being almost completely accurate to the movies.

I don't think it should be repurposed to the caretaker's living quarters, btw. I believe that already exists somewhere on the first floor. I find it makes sense for PW to alter the consistency of the interior a bit, simply to fit its gameplay.

So yeah, TL;DR, I agree with the initial suggestion to move the voting token trader but I disagree with the notion of potentially removing this room alltogether.

Ps. If anyone wants to have a chat with me about why the castle in PW is not completely accurate to the movies, shoot me a PM on discord, Nathan_Stagg#9276
Thank you so much for informing me Nathan! Before making this suggestion I had attempted to find the existence of room 243-00 in the Harry Potter universe and the reason I included it in this post was because I had not found any evidence. Because of its significance, I agree that the room should stay, as my main concern regards the token shop NPC being moved from this room to the trophy room.

Motionic

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: Motionic
Dark Follower Griffin Vampire
Heya Kala! Thank you so much for the suggestion! We are always looking for ways to help newer or less experienced players. I will bring up your idea with the other poltergeists and I will get some more feedback on this. I will get back to you with a response once we have reached a decision. Have a wonderful day!

Zadanthalion

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: ZADANeth
Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix
I think that the token shop NPC should be moved to to the trophy room in the great hall.

As a Jr. Prefect, I find that two of some of the most frequently asked questions are where voting tokens can be used or where academic credits can be used. As of right now, the NPC is situated in a small room off to the side of the great hall as you exit, seemingly randomly named "Room 243-00." For many new players, it is not a room that you would find unless you happen to stumble upon it. I have seen that players often have less trouble finding the trophy room than they do the token shop NPC, as the trophy room has a point of reference: the great hall. There are no other buildings near the token shop, which makes it more difficult to be found.

It would also just be more convenient to have the token shop NPC in the same room as the credit trader NPC. If a player were to exchange voting tokens for academic credits, they would have to run all the way down to the trophy room to then exchange those academic credits for experience. If you were to add experience as an available option to the token shop NPC you could eliminate this problem, however it does not eliminate the previous problem.

TL;DR: If the token shop NPC is moved to the trophy room it'll be easier for new players to find, more convenient for players hoping to trade academic credits, and will further immerse players into the Harry Potter universe.

Please let me know what you think and thank you for considering my suggestion!
Couldn't agree more. Very well said!

Motionic

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: Motionic
Dark Follower Griffin Vampire
Heya @Kalaaaa! I apologise for the delay. After thorough discussion with the team we have decided to accept your suggestion since we feel that it would make it much easier for newer players and keep it consistent. Thank you so much for bringing forward this suggestion and we hope to see more from you in the near future! Have a wonderful day!