DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Multiple Profiles

Scoobydoolego

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Scoobydoolego
Honeybadger
With the upcoming release of the Revelius Update, there is going to be a lot of new content added. I would love to experience it while leveling up as intended, but I don't want to completely reset my account. I understand that I can still play through the quests as a graduate, but it would be less immersive and easier because of the spells that I have. Therefore, I propose a system where you can create multiple profiles. It could work similarly to the system used on the Wynncraft server, where you would have a few different character slots that you could use. This way, the many graduates on the server could still experience gameplay as intended, while still being able to keep a high-level account for dueling or chest running. Perhaps there could even be overlapping vaults or housing plots. I am obviously not a technical expert and I have no idea what the server or system can handle, so this idea may not be viable. A possible alternative would be an optional wand reset. If just the wand was reset, graduates would not have the advantage of having powerful spells when completing low-level quests, but still be able to keep some aspects of their account. Personally, I wouldn't mind losing my spells, as long as I do not lose all of the items that I have amassed over the years that bring back old memories.

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
I've also considered resetting my account just to experience the new gameplay, especially with Revelius coming up. But at the same time I didn't just acquire all of that gold, collectable items, and housing stuff over time for nothing.

I think that having the option to have a second profile or a way to only reset our XP for Revelius would be a nice option to have if a player wants to experience the new things from the beginning.

And if it's a totally different experience than before then it would be beneficial to progress from the beginning to learn about the new updates which would also help us help other players with our own experience in playing.

Evux

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Evux
Honeybadger Auralock
I agree with Psycho, a way to reset just the XP would be a great addition. I have never personally considered it but 100% understand why some may undertake this option. With the excess character slots, however, I feel like this may be a bit difficult for the developer team to introduce without bugs and problems that will overall make our experience worse. However, you did mention that another server was successful in this so its a possibility. I also believe it would create issues with other kids sharing accounts, one goes against the rules and the entire account gets shut down. I could see this being a major issue.

MamaDuckie

Head of Media
Head Staff
Staff
Minecraft IGN: MamaDuckie
Staff Head Staff Raven
Hello and thank you for the suggestion! I'm going to bring this up with the Poltergeist team to see what they think and get back to you as soon as I can!

Motionic

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: Motionic
Dark Follower Griffin Vampire
Hello @Scoobydoolego! I apologise for the delay! Im afraid that your suggestion has been declined because it would require a huge rework of the games system. Therefore, this would take a lot of time and effort on the developer's parts and we would rather focus on other things! Despite this, I hope to see many more suggestions from you in the future! Have a wonderful day!