DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Naming Shopkeepers/Selected Prefix

Grieke

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: Grieke
Honeybadger Dark Follower
I think it would be really useful and make the player economy easier to navigate if we were given the ability to name or choose a category for our shopkeeper and our personal prefix. Currently, the name of the shopkeeper when we rent a booth is our own, but if we could name the shopkeeper then we could specify what we're selling.

This would make it easier for players to browse the market at diagonal alley, perhaps drive more traffic to the marketplace there, and help with our own advertising. This could also be applied as a player tag, so people can contact us while we post in chat, ultimately reducing advertising spam.
Even if it was some sort of "choose your category" that adds that to your name.

EXAMPLE:

Categories - Brooms, Gear, Collectibles, Potions, Chef, General, Materials Etc.
Player name: Grieke
Category selected: Potions
Player profession prefix: Potionmaster
Shopkeeper Stall: Potionmaster Grieke or Grieke's Potions

You could add a cost to changing the category, either through the store or with gold as an economy goldsink to encourage specialization.

Last edited:

Motionic

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: Motionic
Dark Follower Griffin Vampire
Hello! @Grieke! Thank you so much for coming forward with your idea. We truly value players suggestions on how to improve the server. I will bring up your idea with the other poltergeists and we will discuss it further. I will get back to you with a response once we have reached our decision. Have a wonderful day!

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Hiya, @Grieke!

I’d like to inform you that your suggestion has been accepted. We feel this would be very helpful and a fun idea for players. However, at the moment this is a low-priority, and we are unsure when this will actually be implemented because there are a few additional factors that need to be done first. Thank you for your suggestion and I hope you continue to share more ideas in the future!

Have a great day!

Nives

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: annivelation
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Vampire Werewolf Sr. Poltergeist
Hello @Grieke !

I am pleased to inform you that this suggestion was completed with the recent patches and improvements that you can find here! You can now do /house shopkeeper name <name> to rename your shopkeeper! We hope you enjoy the new addition!

Thank you again for creating this suggestion and I hope you have a fantastic day!:honeybadger: