DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Nerf Sniper

Should Sniper Be Nerfed?

• Yes

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • No

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

MattyPoltergeist

Professor
Minecraft IGN: MattyPoltergeist
Serpent Werewolf
Sniper is overly-used, meaning it can be very hard to enter certain places without facing certain death. I also believe nerfing it would be a benefit to the attackers (which is needed).
Here's some possible solutions:
1) Get rid of the zoom
2) Make the cooldown longer
3) Do not allow the jump and sniper to be done simultaneously
4) Make a headshot 9 hearts instead of full.

If anyone has any more suggestions please comment them and I will add them

Ivan_

Professor
Minecraft IGN: _Navyy
Auralock Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf
i think maps are the issue, i would maybe get rid of headshots in close range if possible. also doing 9 hearts would make kill steals very easy (which should be addressed as well anyway).

TallBlondeDude

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: TallBlondeDude
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf
revert 3 and add a reverse damage fall off so snipers can’t one shot within 30 blocks.

Close range sniping is way too strong, in other games it’s balanced out by the fact it’s high risk and snipers generally are harder to get/opportunity cost but the dps isn’t here rn to short term burst them down post flame nerf, as flame was the premier sniper counter funny enough

MattyPoltergeist

Professor
Minecraft IGN: MattyPoltergeist
Serpent Werewolf
Games still often have 2/3 of people playing sniper, making it hard to move anyway and easier to spawn kill. The leaderboard is also dominated by snipers. It still gives a significant boost to defenders, which is already easier. It also encourages people to just farm kills, rather than win - they should increase the win multiplication factor from 5 to *at least* 10.

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
- Disable sniping if a sniper is on the same level as the payload. Forcing snipers to get on buildings.
- Extend the loading time so that a Sniper has to be standing still for 5 seconds before they can load or shoot.

cheddarsoup

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: cheddarsoup
Auralock Phoenix Serpent Werewolf
- Disable sniping if a sniper is on the same level as the payload. Forcing snipers to get on buildings.
- Extend the loading time so that a Sniper has to be standing still for 5 seconds before they can load or shoot.
I don't think the first point would do anything productive for either side (people getting sniped/snipers)
5 seconds is crazy excessive but I do think the reload time could be increased a tiny bit

Somnambulist

Librarian
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
I don't think the first point would do anything productive for either side (people getting sniped/snipers)
5 seconds is crazy excessive but I do think the reload time could be increased a tiny bit
For the first idea, I was thinking of the Star Battle FFA map which had terrain and snipers didn't have a level area to shoot at so they would usually hide in the trees. With Payload, the entire area is level so it gives a huge advantage to sniper kits due to the lack of terrain. Snipers don't really have to move their weapon in every axis in Payload compared to FFA.

As for extending the loading time, If they are able to one shot a player every ~3 seconds then that's really an op weapon for a game. But yeah, I think the timing needs to be considered because the reload seems faster and that's likely how Snipers are getting more kills.

Somnambulist

Librarian
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
Screenshot_1.png

Here's an idea of how fast a good sniper can reload and kill players. Using LividK as an example here since they main the sniper kit.
The timing 11:01:11 to 11:01:20 nets 3 kills within 9 seconds.
Then at 11:02:24 to 11:02:37 nets 4 kills within 13 seconds.
LividK is really skilled with sniper, there's no doubt about that, but the sniper kit seems way OP for the Payload game due to the extremely short reload time and the one shot that usually happens.
I never timed or tested the other kits so I'm unable to compare how fast those kits can kill players.

Jae ⊹₊ ⋆

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: xMye
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Lore Master SPEW Lead Arena Master Lead
Hihi @MattyPoltergeist !!

Since this thread was made, we completed various changes to the sniper. We increased the cooldown time of the sniper to 2 seconds and prevented players from using the sniper in the air at all. We then changed this to prevent players from using the sniper while also using their jump pack. We acknowledge that these changes helped nerf sniper slightly, but our other big change we would like to make before next year's release would be to change the map. We have taken feedback from the feedback form and map ratings of minigames and would like to make some changes to accommodate less for snipers.

Thank you for making this thread. We really appreciate it! I hope you have a wonderful day/night:serpent: