DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

New potion - Increase chance of gear rarity

LiviDk

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: lividk
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Hello fellow wizards and witches.

As Revelius has gone live and people have played on it for quite some time, a couple days actually, I thought it would be a cool, super rare thing to make a new type of potion.
I was originally thinking of making Felix Felicis a potion that temporarily increases your chance of getting a higher gear rarity than normally - so when you get a Gear Recipe and right-click it, your chance of getting a EPIC or LEGENDARY rarity of the certain item increases (for example: the chance of getting a LEGENDARY item is 5% but it could be increased to 10% for an hour).

I have now been told that Felix Felicis is already a potion you can brew, so maybe make another type of luck potion for this exact method of grinding gear - and make the potion rare or very hard to brew.

luckiestblock

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: luckiestblock
Honeybadger
Yeah for many high lvl players the cooking/potion systems are pointless because they are already strong enough to kill all mobs on their own and this would provide a late game use for them.

deci

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: d3ci
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Werewolf
Hello there! I'll now bring up your idea to the rest of the poltergeists team so we can discuss it and come back with a response as soon as possible! Thank you for your suggestion, it means a lot to us!

Grace

Graduate
Staff
Minecraft IGN: PinkWeezie
Honeybadger Auralock Staff Vampire Wizencouncil SPEW Lead Scribe Lead
Hey!
Thank you so much for your suggestion! Your idea was brought up to the Poltergeist team and unfortunately we are going to be declining it. We really liked the idea that you presented, but due to the current tech on the server, the idea is just not possible to do. It is unlikely that the suggestion will be looked at or made in the future as it is currently a low priority right now, but it was still a great idea.

Again, thank you very much for the idea! We love to read all of the suggestions given for the server. Hope you have a wonderful day. :)