DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

New quest idea!

Yes or no for the Horcrux quest?

• YES!!!

• NO...

Results are only viewable after voting.

LoeLouis

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: LoeLouis
Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix
Heya! I have a verry cool idea for a quest... --> a limited time event where the collectibles can not be sold and you would get 15k from completing the quest (6 to 7 boss fights)

It's called the Horcrux Quest

You have to find all the horcruxes of valdemar in order to defeat him once and for all. The quest could include boss fights, like the shadow monster that comes out of the locket. And the ice cave monsters. And various rewards could be earned like the spell: infernum! which is a spell that conjures a circle of flames around you and pushes away mobs in the circle! Also, all the horcruxes could be turned into collectibles that you can earn by completing the quests to destroy them. It would be fun as players have to explore the world to find all the locations and fly around the map. You would have to fight the basilisk too in order to save Ginny. And then good old tommy riddle could have a new job too ;). Also when you have collected all the horcruxes and destroyed them you have to fight valdemar in a boss fight with a priori incantatem match at the end where you have to press spacebar in order to get the beam of light over to valdemars side!

Vote up in the poll if you would like to see this idea implemented!!!

Last edited:

Kate

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: TbhKate_
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf Discord Moderator SPEW Sr. Game Designer
I really like the idea of a large quest that follows a central storyline, but this sounds more like an event! Perhaps something like this could be implemented for a roleplay event, but for just a quest it seems quite long. Also, if an event like this does happen, 15k gold is a lot of gold to reward a player, especially since as of right now ALL of the world quests collectively reward 70k gold. For one quest/event to award 15k gold is quite a lot, so that would have to be lowered. Also, I think that selling collectables is a really important way for some players to make gold, and if something as long and rewarding as this is implemented, I think players should be able to sell the collectables to others who couldn’t complete the event! Overall, I think something along these lines could fit into a roleplay event, but probably not a single quest. I really like your idea of a quest that integrates both a major storyline and a lot of exploration though!

Last edited:

Nyn

Professor
Minecraft IGN: xNyn
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
I think this is a great idea! Although it is a very long idea for a quest, I still think it would work as a quest. The Revenant quest was full of bosses and took a long time to complete first time around. This would definitely be a lot of work but bosses are one of (if not just) my favourite things to do on potterworld when there are any. This is the ideal quest for me, personally.

It could also work as an event, but then there's a time limit on how long you have to finish it. I think it might be better as a permanent quest.

I really like your ideas for bosses, like when you said:
the shadow monster that comes out of the locket.
the ice cave monsters.
This quest would be a lot of work, but if it was implemented well it would probably end up being my favourite quest.

luckiestblock

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: luckiestblock
Honeybadger
ALL of the world quests collectively reward 17k gold.
Wait wut? I thought it was 70k? Did they nerf it?

Other then that I pretty much 100% agree with what Kate said. I think the quest should be like Revenant or the Dark Prison quests; meaning it stays on Potterworld permanently and rewards a lot of gold (less then 15k though but hopefully more then 150 :D ) and a collectible like the Serpent Locket (maybe it could be a legendary lvl 80 gear trinket). I also don't think 6-7 bosses is necessary (The Dark Prison quest had one) but I think maybe three would be nice.

Last edited:

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello LoeLouis and thank you for making a suggestion!
I will now discuss your suggestion with the other Poltergeists and we will get back to you soon with a response.
Have a great day!

LoeLouis

New Magician
I really like the idea of a large quest that follows a central storyline, but this sounds more like an event! Perhaps something like this could be implemented for a roleplay event, but for just a quest it seems quite long. Also, if an event like this does happen, 15k gold is a lot of gold to reward a player, especially since as of right now ALL of the world quests collectively reward 70k gold. For one quest/event to award 15k gold is quite a lot, so that would have to be lowered. Also, I think that selling collectables is a really important way for some players to make gold, and if something as long and rewarding as this is implemented, I think players should be able to sell the collectables to others who couldn’t complete the event! Overall, I think something along these lines could fit into a roleplay event, but probably not a single quest. I really like your idea of a quest that integrates both a major storyline and a lot of exploration though!

oh yea someone told me that selling the collectibles would be fatal for the economy again so they told me to make them unsellable, i tought the economy on potterworld mc would collapse but yea! Selling the collectibles would be a verry good idea!

LoeLouis

New Magician
Hello LoeLouis and thank you for making a suggestion!
I will now discuss your suggestion with the other Poltergeists and we will get back to you soon with a response.
Have a great day!
could i also help designing the quest?

Nyn

Professor
I doubt this would happen xD But if this is accepted, it will follow what you have said in your suggestion! If you want to help in designing quests you can always apply to be part of that department.

Kate

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: TbhKate_
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf Discord Moderator SPEW Sr. Game Designer
If you are interested in designing quests, I recommend applying for Unspeakable! They do the quests for PW. Or, if you're interested in event quests, you can apply for Magiventologist :D

LoeLouis

New Magician
I'd love to see some kind of cool consistent storyline quest like this! All the quests seem super random for now.
I know right! All the quests are a bit random, a long quest with a storyline could spice up the game a bit. You know, like something to do when you don't have anything to do. I love that you like the idea!

FlatJambo

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: FlatJambo
Honeybadger Auralock
Yeah, some of the quests kind of follow a storyline like the Relics quests, and it would be cool to have more of those. Also, when you hover over the Basilisk fang and the Philosopher's stone, it says "this could be useful later" or something along those lines. I don't know if staff is already working something out and have a plan for those objects. But if not, a quest involving them would be super cool! I'd still like to have the items as collectibles after the quest, though. They were challenging to obtain and look super cool as well.

Mallaidh

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: scarvlover
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Werewolf
This seems amazing! I think it would be best to kind of scatter it around in multiple parts rather than as one big quest but I would love this so much and they are goingn to be adding more quests.

I really hope this gets accepted! It will be a lot of fun to do.

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello everyone!
Thank you for suggesting this. We really appreciate any players coming forward with suggestions or feedback for the server.
Unfortunately, we will be declining this specific suggestion, however your feedback has been heard. This quest is quite similar to one that already exists on the server, namely the Relics of the Past quest storyline/series. This quest already includes elements of what you have suggested and we are not looking into making another storyline that includes
Valdemar
Thanks again and enjoy your day!

Nyn

Professor
Hello everyone!
Thank you for suggesting this. We really appreciate any players coming forward with suggestions or feedback for the server.
Unfortunately, we will be declining this specific suggestion, however your feedback has been heard. This quest is quite similar to one that already exists on the server, namely the Relics of the Past quest storyline/series. This quest already includes elements of what you have suggested and we are not looking into making another storyline that includes
Valdemar
Thanks again and enjoy your day!
Could always do this quest with a different person, your own creation of a person :) Would be cool. It could be very cool and I 100% love this quest idea, and a good storyline is something I loved (Revenant quest, for example - YES I KNOW IT WAS A DUNGEON OK STFU).