DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Notifications for when a game is starting

Magma

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: MagmaC4
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf SPEW
When a game is looking for more players there should be a notification sent out in chat that says that game is starting so others can join. This will lead to more populated game servers and competitive gameplay. An example could be: A game of Spell Wars is about to start, CLICK HERE to join! This could be turned off in the /me settings GUI.

Last edited:

nathan1e

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: nathan1e
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Yes, this would help boost the game's popularity, and playing with more people has always been more fun, at least to me. I think this notification should just be in games chat, since I think that's exactly what it's for. That way, players can easily turn off game chat as they normally would if they wouldn't want to see the notification.

Tina

Professor
Minecraft IGN: oTina
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven SPEW
People would be getting it confused with the class queue though. For example what if there’s a class about to happen and people also want to play spell wars by they click the spell wars queue instead of the class queue and they miss the class queue and then it’s too late to join the class queue because it’s full. I totally think that there should be something that will make people join minigames more however not something that is already existent such as “Click Here”.

Kate

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: TbhKate_
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf Discord Moderator SPEW Sr. Game Designer
People would be getting it confused with the class queue though.
I agree with this. However, I really like this idea of a notification for minigames. Maybe instead of a click here, there could simply be a message in games chat that says "A Quabbleball game is starting soon!", or something simple like that. I don't think that a "Click Here" would really be necessary because people can just as easily do /games. Although a click here message would make it a bit easier and faster, I think it would cause too much confusion with classes.

ChimpyNut

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: ChimpyNut
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Werewolf SPEW
I really like the idea but like the others say it will confuse people and there is already a good system right now and it doesn't confuse people. So I think we should stick to this system so people don't get confused.

Kate

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: TbhKate_
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf Discord Moderator SPEW Sr. Game Designer
After going over your idea we decided we liked it! It will probably be implemented later this year, so you can always keep an eye out for it in future updates!
eyy thanks Champ! Thanks to @Magma for coming up for the idea :)

Jae ⊹₊ ⋆

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: xMye
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Lore Master SPEW Lead Arena Master Lead
Hello @Magma!!

This suggestion is now implemented thanks to the recent update by the Dev team and thus, is complete. Thank you once again for making this suggestion, I hope you have a wonderful day/night:serpent: