DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

NPCs with roles & interactions

RainbowElfe

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: RainbowElfe
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent SPEW
It would be interesting to have NPCs with different roles within the town. For example, there could be a guard NPC. If you for some reason decide to injure a townsperson, the guards could attack you. That's only one example, but there can be far more roles than that.

NPCs can also be more interactable. You can't really do anything with an NPC at the moment, except I guess stare at them? For interacting, you could try to rob someone's shop for a bit of gold (ex. robbing the butcher in Walden was interesting) and be penalized if you fail. Maybe if you gift certain NPCs specific items, you get some kind of rare drop or equipment. There should be rewards for doing all this exploration, otherwise, why else would people explore?

You could also attempt to speak to an NPC, and if you say the correct dialogue, you might get a hint to a hidden quest. I feel like speaking to NPCs that potentially lead to a secret quest or dungeon would really encourage town exploration. I remember at the beginning of the Revelius update, my friends and I had wrongly believed there to be a hidden quest to open the Horcrux locket cave (which did not exist). Nevertheless, we ended up exploring the map for hours, thinking we would miraculously find a clue to get inside the cave. If a fake hidden quest based on pure speculation was enough to make a group of people travel for hours, then a real hidden quest is enough as well.

I understand that there are no big secrets or quests to explore at the moment, but I feel when more things are implemented this should be taken into consideration.

Last edited:

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Hiya @RainbowElfe!

Thank you for creating your suggestion! We appreciate you sharing your idea with us, and I understand the immersion aspect from this, as well as modifying NPCs overall to improve gameplay. I will bring up your suggestion to the rest of the staff team to further discuss it. I'll send you a response once a decision has been made.

Hope you have a fantastic day!

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Aloha again @RainbowElfe!

Apologies for the long wait! After discussing this suggestion with the Leadership team, we have decided to decline it, unfortunately, as we currently do not have the technology to change the NPCs to the extent that is mentioned. Additionally, we feel that as we add more quests and activities, especially around the towns, it will make them feel more lively. Therefore, we will focus on working towards that.

Thank you again for making this suggestion, and we hope that you understand this decision and share any more suggestions with us in the future! Have a lovely day!