DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Option to allow residents to add residents in housing

Leugim

Magician
Minecraft IGN: leugim23
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire
It's as simple as that, something like "/house allowaddresident", or "housing allowaddresident <IGN>". This is because I have a friend who could give me his housing plot since he doesn't play on this server, for a thing I need, and I'd need the ability to add more residents without having to ask him to login every time.

Honey_Dwarf1

Archivist
Minecraft IGN: Honey_Dwarf1
Phoenix Raven
Maybe another similar idea would be to have something like a co-owner, who would have all the same perms as the original owner, because if you added residents to your friend's housing they would be able to add others and it could get very out of control. So if you were a co-owner, you could add residents who would not be able to add other residents idk just an idea

Pennox__

Magician
Minecraft IGN: Pennox__
Serpent
I don’t think joint residency would be implemented as it could come with a lot of cons. Isn’t the thing you need from your friends plot obtainable some other way?

I think maybe certain perms as Honey_Dwarf mentioned could be a thing which allows selected people to micro manage various parts of someone else’s housing plot so they can help build or even purchase items in the Mine Depot?

Last edited:

Leugim

Magician
Minecraft IGN: leugim23
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire
Well it was a pretty raw idea but if we'd be able to choose which residents can add more residents it's just a matter of trust

Cate

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Cateo
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf
Hey there @Leugim!

Thank you so much for your suggestion! And also thanks to those who gave their opinion to this forum! We always look out for improvement for our server, so your idea is very much appreciated!

I will now go ahead and pass this on to my fellow Poltergeists, to get additional feedback on if we would like this implemented or not. I will contact you here when we come to a decision, so be on the look out for future notifications from this forum!

Again thank you for your suggestion, take care and have a magical day! <3

Best wishes,
Cate

Cate

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Cateo
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf
Hello again @Leugim!

Once again thank you for bringing your suggestion to Potterworld! Like I said previously we are super appreciative of any suggestion that is given.

Though unfortunately we have made the decision to decline this idea. While it is a very cool idea, we find that the cons may outweigh the pros currently. This could potentially lead to an influx of situations happening such as stealing and destroying builds due to unknown residents being added. Whilst it is the owner's responsibility for what happens, the risks are just way to high if we are to implement this now.

With that in mind, we do feel this suggestion would be nice to revisit in the future when changes are made overall, but as of now we cannot move forward with the idea.

Thank you again for sending out your suggestion here, take care and I hope you have a magical day!! <3

Best wishes,
Cate