DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Overall Suggestions

What do you agree with?

• Exploration

Votes: 16 80.0%
  • Traveling

Votes: 15 75.0%
  • Quests

Votes: 16 80.0%
  • None

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

RainbowElfe

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: RainbowElfe
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent SPEW
TLDR:
  • Exploration
    • Add more biomes
    • Change NPCs to have their own skins, dialogues, names, and be used to find lore and hidden quests
    • Town interior should be improved to find out about lore & hidden quests
    • Make the random structures in the map more interesting
  • Traveling
    • A feature so that you could unlock more warp slots in the warp key bag
    • Increase fireplace locations + firedust house elves at every fireplace
    • Add more secret passageways that teleport to other towns (like the cabinet in the Room of Hidden Things)
  • Quests
    • Have a main quest storyline
    • More hidden quests
    • Fewer easy quests, more hard quests (ex. Zin, CoS)
      • Alternative to this: easier quests for lower years, harder quests for higher years
Exploration

Biomes

We have been encouraged to explore, but what for? What gives us the motivation to explore? Certainly not the empty forests and mountains that we see when flying/walking to some town. There is nothing interesting about the terrain. There is so little biome diversity that without coordinates, you couldn’t tell whether you were near Edgebrook or Appleby.

I suggest having different biomes, such as deserts, savannahs, etc. A world should not consist of just forests and plains. Shouldn’t mobs have certain biomes they would live in? If so, why are they all in forests? If everywhere looks the same, why do staff want us to explore? Areas such as Wigtown and Hogsend are exceptions to the similar biomes the rest of the map takes on, so I hope that other parts of the map can follow their lead. Some nice touches were the unicorn forest and dragon area. Though the unicorn forest was still essentially a forest, it at least looked different, and its an obvious teller that there are unicorns. I don’t think the world being based in Europe means that the world is restricted to ONLY European biomes.

Towns

Speaking of towns, they are wonderfully built. Each town has it’s own style, and that’s amazing! What I think could be improved is what’s IN these towns.

NPCs are copy-pasted with only two skins available. This makes them seem more like placeholders than actual NPCs. Though I’ve heard they were added to make towns seem less empty, I think NPCs such as in Hogsend (pre-Revelius, I’m not sure what they look like post-Revelius) were great. They had their own skins and even said a little line of dialogue if you came up to them. They seemed real, and that kind of town, even though there were fewer NPCs, felt less empty than now. I’ve also heard each town has its own lore. If NPCs like these were added, their dialogue could be used as a way to find out more about lore, and even hint towards locations of “hidden” quests that can’t be found in the quest journal.

Furthermore, the interior of the houses could be upgraded. This isn’t really a gamechanger suggestion, but it does make exploring towns more interesting. For example, there could a house decorated in all pink, one that has a secret basement, etc. More info about town lore could be found within a house’s interior, giving more reason to explore.

The Map in General

In the map, you can see unmarked monuments and areas such as the stone circle near the Hobgoblins, the random black island with a house on it, the strange snow patch in the middle of Hogsworth, Rushstone, and Gnollberg, etc. Although they serve as interesting differences to the other thousands of empty forests and plains, what is the purpose for them? Cool to glance at, but there’s no reason to travel there just because. I suggest making anomalies in the map more interesting by adding NPCs or quests that pertain to those locations.

Traveling

It’s been a common outcry that traveling has been heavily changed. Many players have complained that they dislike having to travel for so long to do such a short quest. This is indeed a real inconvenience. Why is it that players have to spend more time traveling than actually playing the game? This makes it much less enjoyable. In fact, I’ve already heard many players stating they would quit just because of the new traveling system. I have a few suggestions to rectify this issue.

The warp key bag should be changed so that it can accommodate more warps than just one. Perhaps it can be made so that you need to do a quest to unlock more slots so you have more places to warp to. There should also be more firedust house-elves/fireplaces so that you don’t need to travel all the way to another town just so you could warp somewhere else. Some places that DO have fireplaces don’t even have a house-elf, so you couldn’t travel even if you wanted to.

I love the hidden passageways that give shortcuts to other towns, such as Hogsworth -> Hogsend and Hogsworth -> London. I hope more secret shortcuts could be implemented between different towns, for example, Longbay to Antrum.

Quests

Currently, the state of the game consists of multiple quests that you can do to level up/earn gold. There is no concurrent storyline. This is understandable considering it’s still the beginning of the Revelius update but with the MMORPG-esque direction that PW seems to be going for, I don’t think this should slide. What about having the main storyline be about the player’s journey to graduating Hogsworth? Though this may not work for those who have already leveled up prior to the update, it does seem interesting for the newer players, and it’s also an incentive for older players to reset their accounts and continue playing. The quests currently in the quest journal could be side quests or slightly changed to be part of the main quest. Having recurring characters appear in both main and side quests could make gameplay more interesting and easy to remember for players.

More hidden quests should be introduced, such as the one for the Chamber of Secrets. It doesn’t exist in the quest journal, so the only way to know about it is by exploring or word of mouth. Having more quests will encourage people to explore more.

There should be fewer quests involving running around from area to area, and more based on actual problem solving and even teamwork if possible. Another alternative is having more running around in the lower leveled quests, and higher leveled quests being more difficult to complete. I enjoyed doing the CoS quest with my friends because it was something we could do together, as well as the Zin quests since it made me actually have to think.

HeyJared

Magician
Minecraft IGN: HeyJared
Auralock Griffin Phoenix Werewolf SPEW
I agree with your thoughts on more diversity in the terrain, I’ve been turned around on multiple occasions because everything feels too similar. It feels as if there’s this giant world map, but 90% of it is empty terrain with the other 10% being the actual locations. Having different biomes will make it feel less empty and static.

I for one love looking at the scenery in custom worlds (as well as in video games) when traveling or exploring, but if it’s all the same then it just gets stale and you pay no attention to it in the long run; I just end up ignoring it the majority of the time.

Last edited:

Bailey

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: viewful
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire
Hello, and thank you for making a suggestion for Potterworld!

I will bring this to light to the Poltergeist team immediately and gain feedback in order to give you a response as soon as possible. Thank you again, and take care!

Ashh

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: AzureAsh
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Discord Moderator SPEW Game Designer Lead
Hello @RainbowElfe! Apologies for the lateness of this response. We've given sufficient time after Revelius to assess how it has impacted the server and we have started making changes accordingly. I'll now go through and address the points you've made and where we're at with them!

Exploration
In the future we will be working on filling these towns more, and have already started this with the introduction of some shops in some of them and adding more quests to them. Additionally, we want to add more locations of interest around the world. These would be small things that you are able to stumble upon and they will contain content. These places of interest would likely dictate the way the area surrounding it looks. The way we have designed the world is that if there is something that is out of the ordinary, we want people to go and discover it. You will be drawn to it when you fly over it. An example of this is mob locations having custom terrain that makes them vastly different from their surroundings and tells players that it is different and that it's a mob location. We don't want to add terrains that will be meaningless, so it's very much dictated based on the feel of a build in the area of the lore that the lore team creates. We definitely agree that we need to add more content to the world, but we want to make sure we're doing it in a way that makes sense and that when you come across something out of the ordinary, it has meaning. When we start working on the other continents (Northern Europe/France), we'll likely get the opportunity to look at creating a new kind of 'general' terrain for those specific areas, since those location's terrains differ from what we currently have on the map.

Regarding NPC skins, currently we are unable to change the skins of the NPCs that we have moving around the world. This is due to the limitations because of the version of Minecraft we are on. Our goal is to have different generic NPCs with custom skins per town and add more of them where we can, but we are unable to do that until we update to a higher version of Minecraft.

Traveling
A while ago, we changed the warpkey bag to have a few more features, such as a permanent warp to Hogsworth and a second warp that you are able to unlock for a fee. Firedust was also made a bit cheaper and more firedust house-elves have been added so that you can purchase firedust in more locations. Additionally, we have introduced numerous fast travel opportunities for players to travel quickly around the world.

Quests
We are looking at adding and have previously added quests that have multiple parts to them that has a bit more of a storyline to them. We are also working on adding some other hidden quests that players can find in their own time. We understand the want for a concurrent storyline, but this would take quite a lot of time and effort, as we would want to make sure that we got the story right and how we wanted it. Additionally, we're looking at how we can use our tech and coming up with new ideas to make quests more interactive and unique, instead of running from area to area like you mention. We also are working towards introducing dungeons in the future.

I hope that covers everything! Feedback like this has been really helpful to us as it's specific and allows us to see where things are lacking and need to be adjusted, so thank you so much for taking the time to give us this feedback! As we are working on or have completed most of the feedback you have brought to us, I will be marking it as completed.