DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Parkour Difficulty Levels

httpjamesy

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: vvinterfell
Raven
I for one find it very hard to complete parkour (mostly because i suck), which lead me to think of a way people who maybe aren’t as great at parkour could still have some fun!

Difficulty levels could be chosen within Wiz PE and these levels could maybe even determine how much AC a player makes.

For example: Easy gets you maybe 5 AC, Normal gets you 10AC and hard gets you 20 AC.

I feel this would help people improve on their parkour skills at their own pace.

Thanks and hope to hear back soon :)

RainbowElfe

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: RainbowElfe
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent SPEW
IMO not a fan because it would kinda ruin the racing aspect of wiz pe since everyone would just be on different courses, and it lessens the diversity of the courses used.

a major chunk of wiz pe attendees aren't there to improve and neither do they like parkour, they just want AC. having a choice means nobody would ever play maps like wipeout/hogsworth, and any new maps become pointless effort unless they somehow make it an easier course than whales

im also confused about the AC. right now, just showing up already gives you 10 AC, so is the 5/10/20 meant to add on to the base 10 AC u get from showing up?

httpjamesy

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: vvinterfell
Raven
IMO not a fan because it would kinda ruin the racing aspect of wiz pe since everyone would just be on different courses, and it lessens the diversity of the courses used.

a major chunk of wiz pe attendees aren't there to improve and neither do they like parkour, they just want AC. having a choice means nobody would ever play maps like wipeout/hogsworth, and any new maps become pointless effort unless they somehow make it an easier course than whales

im also confused about the AC. right now, just showing up already gives you 10 AC, so is the 5/10/20 meant to add on to the base 10 AC u get from showing up?
The AC was just an example, it’d be adjusted appropriately. I see your point though, but I was thinking that there could possibly be one large map with different sections where there’s easy, normal and difficult. Or maybe even a beginners Wiz PE class somewhere on the class calendar.

I think more people would get involved with Wiz PE that wouldn’t normally, but again I do see where you’re coming from.

Yellow_Flower

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: TheVirgoKid101
Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire
It might be hard to manage this way. There will be 3 different maps that 3 different groups of players would be in, and it might make it hard for the professor/helpers. Also you already get 10 AC from participating, so nobody would want to spend their time on easy since you only get 5, or medium bc you get the same amount.

Overall I do think this is a good suggestion, I just wanted to debate the other perspective that would play in.

-Greetings , TheVirgoKid101 (Jasper_Cullen)

2022-04-10_08.04.18.png

Lynn

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Mireiia
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire
Heya @httpjamesy (and everyone who replied)!

Thank you for making this suggestion! We always appreciate new ideas to make the server (and classes in this case) even more enjoyable! I will be bringing this up to my fellow Poltergeist team so we can discuss this further! Once we've received a decision, we will be sure to let you know so I definitely suggest keeping an eye on this thread!

Thank you once again and I hope you have an amazing day!

Lynn

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Mireiia
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire
Heya @httpjamesy !

Unfortunately, at this time this suggestion has been declined. As we have a lot of different courses with different difficulties currently, it would be a huge task to make different difficulty settings for each of them separately. Balancing each of these maps with rewards for each of the difficulties would also be a big challenge, as there won't be a clear "first, second, third", as are the rewards are as of right now. As I've mentioned before, the courses we use already have slightly different difficulties which players can choose to attend. Obviously, the players won't be able to choose the map, but they can decide whether or not to stay in class to complete the course or not. The addition of adding different difficulties would also require more class helpers to monitor everyone's progress, which is simply not possible at this time.

Thank you once again for creating this suggestion, though. We always do really appreciate the suggestions and feedback coming in! I hope you still have a wonderful day!