DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Parkour leaderboards - Doing what's right

Ivan_

Professor
Minecraft IGN: _Navyy
Auralock Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf
In the recent butterbeer event, parkour leaderboards were introduced. I quite like this feature, but it doesn't really do much for us, so here are some of my suggestions:
1. Add a small reward for people that end up on the leaderboard. It doesn't need to be anything crazy, just a little something that gives it some purpose. It could be gold, HPs, maybe even PPs.

2. Fix the timers. The timer right now is quite unprecise, and having to manually reset it when you fail is really not a good system. Just make pressure plates like every other server has. It's the standard and it works.

3. Not directly related to boards, and I already mentioned it at least 10 times, but I will mention it as long as it stays like this. PARKOURS ARE NOT REWARDED WELL. 20 snowflakes for a HARD parkour that I couldn't even complete, and that only 2 people finished within a month, NO. It's a slap in the face for ppl who try to do this, no matter if they're good or not, especially when things like taking pictures of 4 animals 5 blocks away each other from you give u 100 tokens (just one of many examples of the unrealistic balance I talked about in this thread https://potterworldmc.com/threads/unrealistic-balance.14726/, which is yet to be reviewed btw)

RainbowElfe

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: RainbowElfe
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent SPEW
id have to agree with this one. parkour should be worth way more gold/event tokens/whatever per completion. im not saying this just because im good at parkour, but it just makes sense. the difficulty of doing parkour and time invested to complete a course is much higher than other minigames. it would encourage an average to below average parkourist to actually attempt the course. all my friends who play potterworld tell me they don't even attempt to TRY the courses because what they get just isn't worth it if they take hours to finish.
there might be the concern of good parkourists "abusing" the system by being able to grind parkours without difficulty. but the strain put on your hands as a result of parkouring for hours is often overlooked, so whats a little bit of gold to compensate for that?
if that's still a concern, maybe a good alternative would be having the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc times you personally completed the course be worth more. for example, I could earn 500g on my first run, 400g on my second, 300g on my third, and so on until it reaches a minimum of idk, 20/ea where it just stays that amount.
i also like ivans suggestion about rewarding leaderboard players. i would like to add on that it would be cool to reward people for being 1st/2nd/3rd to complete a course. that would also be another incentive to trying out new event parkours and such