DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Pet Bonding

Harry//Laingy

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: Laingy
Auralock Dark Follower Serpent Vampire SPEW
Hello wonderful people of Potterworld and fellow staff members,

I am not a very creative person, however, finally, after over 4 and a half years on the server, I think I found something that could be cool! I was thinking about how we have so many pets on Potterworld for players to purchase to name and have their own sort of roleplay with them, or however, players would like to use their pets. However, sometimes I believe that some of our pets may get a little left out. So I was thinking of ways in which we could interact with our pets more! This leads me to this suggestion of Pet Bonding:

I have 100% not stolen this idea from one of my favourite RPG games of all time, this is certainly just an authentic idea from myself. I don't know too much about the tech behind this that could make this happen, however, I think this could be possible. Here are some of my ideas:
1) Each pet will have a level 1 bonding attached to them and their player after purchasing this.
2) Bonding levels can be as simple as levels 1-4 or even levels 1-10
3) Bonding of your pets will be increased depending on your care for them and the way they can be cared for, would be with emotes such as to stroke, wash, play etc. However, bonding could also be increased by how far you travel with your pet across the map. I know there are stats for how far one has travelled, so whether this could be possible, I am not too sure.
4) You can also feed your pet, and each pet could have a type or category of a pet that may have different diets and needs. Food for your pets could be crafted by using ingredients found throughout the world, or purchased at the pet shop in Vertick Ally if they were to make such a shop!
5) The more you increase your bonding, the more you could do with your pet, the more emotes become available! (This part of the idea hasn't fully been thought through - however, if possible, there could be further suggestions on how to reward players, and their pets for increasing the bonding between pets).

As I mentioned, I am not too good with tech to this level, so if this is not possible then oh well, but I thought this could be a fun little idea to run with!

Feel free to leave any additional feedback on this idea or any further ideas you guys may have on this!

Thank you for reading, and have a lovely day!

Kind regards,
Harry (Sr. Prefect, Scribe Publisher and Magiventologist) :D

Aglyn

Graduate
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Aglyn
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Class Design Arena Grandmaster SPEW Academics Advisor
Omg i think this sounds like a phenomenal idea i love it

Jae ⊹₊ ⋆

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: xMye
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Lore Master SPEW Lead Arena Master Lead
I actually love this idea. Of course its down to the tech side of things but if possible, the amount of creative or normal animals/creatures that could be implemented as pets would be so awesome! For instance; a baby/adult version of a Phoenix just strolling behind us or on our shoulder! :)

Honey_Dwarf1

Archivist
Minecraft IGN: Honey_Dwarf1
Phoenix Raven
It sounds like fun, but the major issue is that pets are bought off the store for real money so this would lock some gameplay behind paying money (possibly against a rule but I’m not sure)

Harry//Laingy

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: Laingy
Auralock Dark Follower Serpent Vampire SPEW
@Honey_Dwarf1 Ah yes, I see where you are coming from completely and that for sure could be an issue. However, I do think that it shouldn’t be used as like a “marketing strategy” to get people to spend more money if you get what I mean, it’s just you get more value for what you pay. I know personally I spent a fair bit of money on pets, and sadly only use one of them, so I think it’s more of a thank you or something new with pets to get that value out of money spent with more addons and things to do with your pet! Thank you for that tho, and it is for sure something that would come up in conversation! :D

Not_Ponzi

Magician
Minecraft IGN: P0nz1an1
Phoenix Raven
Daisy is right but if you have a different pet from those bought, can be transferred towards gameplay as in you spent on store, you get a a fully matured of those pet for instance

That could be done

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Hiya @Harry//Laingy!

Thank you for taking the time and consideration on making this suggestion, as we're always looking for ways to improve the server and make it fun for everyone! I'll have your suggestion be brought up to the rest of the Poltergeist team for discussion. Once a decision has been made by the Leadership team, I'll return to you with a response as soon as possible, so keep an eye out on this thread for any further updates!

Have a wonderful day!

suzie

Notable Magician
Staff
Minecraft IGN: 20zuzka04
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Vampire Prefect SPEW Sr. Poltergeist
Heya @Harry//Laingy!

This suggestion has been declined because it would add gameplay to pets bought with real money, which violates the EULA. Therefore, this specific suggestion is not something we can move forward with. However, we do like these ideas and see that they have received support from the community, so we are considering incorporating the idea of caring and bonding with animals into future gameplay.

Regardless, thank you so much for creating this suggestion and we hope you have a great day!