DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Pet idea

whoohoo

Magician
Staff
Minecraft IGN: whoohoo
Staff Griffin Phoenix Vampire DD Writer
I've always liked dragons, I went to the store page to sadly not find a dragon pet (most likely it should just be a cute baby dragon) It would be very cool to own a dragon pet. You would be able to change the colors (type) and it would have some fire particles from time to time around its mouth to show fire.

I think it would be very cool.

- Mel

Ivan_

Professor
Minecraft IGN: _Navyy
Auralock Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf
wait really? is it still possible to get them in an other way? i would really want one
Yes I have one, the midnight dragon. It appears they are unobtainable as of right now, but you can see how they look in the dragon mob area.

Sirje_Wildmoon

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: AstralFae
Dark Follower Serpent
As people have said, they do exist, but are not available for purchase anymore :(

I believe that the original Dragon pets were removed from the store (like many other pets/wands/etc) for copyright infringement reasons. They can still be seen in game however. (as can any iitem purchased in the store pre-removal iirc, as I still have Bellatrix's "Dark Mistress" wand and the Thestry/Thestral pet)

The Midnight Dragon because it was, iirc, based off of Toothless from the How To Train Your Dragon movies
The Violet Dragon (which I have) was based off of Spyro (aka, best dragon ever), and was one of the first to be removed, before the rest of the dragon pets.

And the rest were based off of dragons from within the Harry Potter franchise, which is why they're removed due to copyright, despite their changed names.

However, WB/JK or whoever cannot possibly claim copyright to every single dragon, given they are a mythical creature that is legendary, has existed in stories for thousands of years and many country has it's own version at this point... so I'd like to think that someday, dragon pets will return. Even if it is just one generic dragon pet, perhaps in a range of colours (red, yellow, green, blue for the houses?) that would be great to see them come back!

I actually made a suggestion a while back (iirc its still under review) about the possibility of the community designing pets/wands etc via competitions, if we did have something like that, a whole new dragon species could be created, much like on the site Dragon Cave (where there's dozens of dragon/wyvern/lindworm to collect and more always being created/added x3) that way there's no reason that anyone could claim copyright if its an original creation that the person who created it is willing to see in the game.

In short #BringBackDragons

Edit: would be super cool to have a rideable broom appearance/pet dragon combo too.. just sayin' ;)

whoohoo

Magician
Staff
Minecraft IGN: whoohoo
Staff Griffin Phoenix Vampire DD Writer
As people have said, they do exist, but are not available for purchase anymore :(

I believe that the original Dragon pets were removed from the store (like many other pets/wands/etc) for copyright infringement reasons. They can still be seen in game however. (as can any iitem purchased in the store pre-removal iirc, as I still have Bellatrix's "Dark Mistress" wand and the Thestry/Thestral pet)

The Midnight Dragon because it was, iirc, based off of Toothless from the How To Train Your Dragon movies
The Violet Dragon (which I have) was based off of Spyro (aka, best dragon ever), and was one of the first to be removed, before the rest of the dragon pets.

And the rest were based off of dragons from within the Harry Potter franchise, which is why they're removed due to copyright, despite their changed names.

However, WB/JK or whoever cannot possibly claim copyright to every single dragon, given they are a mythical creature that is legendary, has existed in stories for thousands of years and many country has it's own version at this point... so I'd like to think that someday, dragon pets will return. Even if it is just one generic dragon pet, perhaps in a range of colours (red, yellow, green, blue for the houses?) that would be great to see them come back!

I actually made a suggestion a while back (iirc its still under review) about the possibility of the community designing pets/wands etc via competitions, if we did have something like that, a whole new dragon species could be created, much like on the site Dragon Cave (where there's dozens of dragon/wyvern/lindworm to collect and more always being created/added x3) that way there's no reason that anyone could claim copyright if its an original creation that the person who created it is willing to see in the game.

In short #BringBackDragons

Edit: would be super cool to have a rideable broom appearance/pet dragon combo too.. just sayin' ;)
I totally agree with you. I would also like to see dragon pets in like house spirits or different colors. Dragons are amazing and they can't copyright an original design someone made.

#BringDragonsBack

Lynn

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Mireiia
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire
Heya @whoohoo !

As people have commented, the dragon pets indeed used to be available in the store but they were removed due to some issues with WB. However, a similar thread has been made recently which has been accepted! You can view the other thread and more information on why they were removed and why that suggestion has been accepted here.

I will now be marking this as a duplicate. Thank you once again for suggesting this and I hope you have an amazing day!!