DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Petition to make Brooms invisible in flying

Lizzie

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Rhines
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire
Just, what the title says...

Brooms are a huge pain. Their rendering sometimes causes lag, obscures your vision, and is overall just brooms being brooms. I'm not saying to just remove them altogether, but more like add an option to not see them? (Or, at least players, for that matter.)

Yep.

Honey_Dwarf1

Archivist
Minecraft IGN: Honey_Dwarf1
Phoenix Raven
I believe that the reason that this has not been added is because it makes the game feel less multiplayer when you can't see where people are. I think it has been suggested before that people are invisible for the first 10 seconds or so, which is when they are in the way the most, but I don't think people will become completely invisible for the whole thing.

Lizzie

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Rhines
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire
I believe that the reason that this has not been added is because it makes the game feel less multiplayer when you can't see where people are. I think it has been suggested before that people are invisible for the first 10 seconds or so, which is when they are in the way the most, but I don't think people will become completely invisible for the whole thing.
That's why I'd rather have it as an option for those who'd prefer to play without seeing other players c;
Thank you for the feedback! <3

may2070

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: may2070
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
I agree! Also to add on as to why brooms should be invisible, here's a reason as to why them being visible is frustrating:
-Makes it difficult for games that have 4+ players
-Makes it difficult for newer flyers to improve (they're not familiar with the courses so they might get disoriented when they crash)
-Causes lag
-Prolongs games
-Frustrates players

It should definitely be optional though. I know servers like the Hive have some options for their mini games where you can make players transparent (Death Run) and I think that should suffice. As someone who plays flying a lot, it can be really annoying tailing someone the whole game and not being able to pass them bc they obstructed your view and you crashed. Also ik it's annoying to crash as a newer player bc four people tried to go through a hoop at the same time. Flying is a very competitive game, and this can offset players completely. Stuff like this is frustrating, and might just put people off the game completely. If that happens, then less people will be playing flying, then no one's having any fun.

Anyways, sorry for the ramble. I agree with your idea Lizzie :)

Evux

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Evux
Honeybadger Auralock
A transparent option for it would be great, but to keep it with the same feel that flying has, which I love I think maybe having people in an invisible mode for the first 5 to 10 seconds of the game would be the best as an obstruction in vision is most present through the first few hoops and then it tends not to be an issue anymore and will keep the multiplayer feel to it.

Ashh

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: AzureAsh
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Discord Moderator SPEW Game Designer Lead
Hi there!

Thank you for taking the time to make a suggestion. I'll bring this up to the Poltergeist team so that we can discuss it and we will get back to you as soon as possible!

Ashh

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: AzureAsh
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Discord Moderator SPEW Game Designer Lead
Hey there!

We have discussed your idea and decided that we will not be implementing it at this time. Brooms being visible adds to the multiplayer element of the minigame. Just like in any other racing game, you have to see your opponents. Once again, thank you for the suggestion!