DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Places / Ruins Backstory or History.

Jae ⊹₊ ⋆

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: xMye
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Lore Master SPEW Lead Arena Master Lead
I, (and hopefully other students might be) am interested in knowing the historical background or storyline for places on the map. For instance the ruins of old Walden. Or perhaps the Ghoul Village outside of Hogsend. It is stated during quests for some but I was thinking how able adding there history to the library amongst the magical creatures? There for if one is looking to do a project or just read up about a certain location, we can head there and read all about it. Its just an idea as I’m really interested in knowing more about different towns and mysteriously abandoned places around Potterworld!

MattyPoltergeist

Professor
Minecraft IGN: MattyPoltergeist
Serpent Werewolf
Yeah this is absolutely my favourite thing about open world games (ive been playing sea of thieves, skyrim and valheim recently all which include ruins and wrecks that i like to think of a history for). I think its cool to be able to build the world around you and it just adds another layer of discovery. I also think that the library shud be more kitted out so it would be useful there but also fun to have to go out and get them

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
I like the idea of creating a permanent spot to look at the backstory of the landmarks around the map and putting them in the library. I wonder if it could be similar to the Location Journal that keeps track of the hidden spots in Hogsworth? Except these spots around the map aren't as hidden - a player would click on a sparkly book placed nearby then it gets placed into an alternative Location Journal which can either have information about the location OR they would have to travel back to the Hogsworth Library where they can unlock the history book for the locations that they found.

Jae ⊹₊ ⋆

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: xMye
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Lore Master SPEW Lead Arena Master Lead
Hiya @xMye!
This is planned to be on the public wiki for players to access! The Scribe Team is currently working on creating pages for the wiki, and this will be one of the features to read about.
Thank you for replying and letting us all know this is in the works! I can’t wait to read all about it! :D

Mekala

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: Mekala_
Honeybadger Auralock
Hiya @xMye !

I'm pleased to tell you that this suggestion has been accepted, as we have plans for a system that allows players to come across world lore in an interesting way. Additionally, as mentioned previously in a response to this thread, this information is planned to be on the public wiki that will be released to all players in the future.

Have a fantastic day!

marmitemira

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: marmitemira
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower SPEW
Hello @Mye!!

This suggestion has now been completed and added to the server's new wiki. There are many new pages full of information on the towns. You can access the wiki through this link and check out all the new lore!!

Thank you again for this suggestion and have an amazing day!!