DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Player Memorials and Trophies

MattyPoltergeist

Professor
Minecraft IGN: MattyPoltergeist
Serpent Werewolf
A while ago, Llama made a *cough* 'popular' suggestion asking that Tilly have a specific statue dedicated to her in the duelling halls. This idea takes inspiration from that, but certainly isn't so targeted.
In my opinion, one of Potterworld's biggest flaws is how seperate a lot of the GUIs feel from the physical game. We have stats, holograms, spreadsheets, and APIs but all seem somewhat disconnected and have little purpose. Therefore, I propose that Potterworld adds more tributes to all the players' great accomplishments through the addition of memorials, NPCs and trophies.

So what would these be?
Well, one option is obviously NPCs, possibly on some sort of podium like in the Olympics. However, this might severly lag the server or just mean more unnecessary usernames popping up. Therefore, a more discrete answer would be to replicate the 'History Hat' (Trophy Room) and the recent trophies in the Butterbrew Trials quest. This would mean you could interact with a trophy or an object around the map and learn a little bit about a certain player or accomplishment. For example:
- You click a trophy in the Trophy Room
- This trophy is dedicated to (*insert name of the person with the most swippets caught*): the quickest and most accomplished searcher to live with (*insert number of swippets caught*) swippets caught!
The text could include other information such as the date the player joined (if possible), Quabbleball games played, and level.
Alternatively, the interaction could simply open a GUI where you see the stats of the three most accomplished players in that field.
I think there is still a possibility for NPCs for what are deemed the 'greatest achievements' but they should be well placed and
only done in specific circumstances to make them more special and noticeable.

Some achievements could be:
- Most Challenges Won
- Most PE Classes Placing First
- Most Duelling / Flying Tournaments Won
- Most Time Spent on the Server
- Most Revenant Gauntlets Defeated
- Most Gold
- Most Potions Brewed
- Most Classes Attended
There are many, many options! We already know that most of these stats are well-known by the staff as they have been incorporated into Fine Art Festivals of the past. This would obviously work best if the stats could be automated, and I would probably say that these trophies should be ONLY done if they (or at least a large portion of them) CAN be automated. However, while there ARE many options, there shouldn't be an excessive amount of memorials as not to make them feel cheap and boring - 20 might be an appropriate number.

Now, as for placement, I think the Trophy Room is a good start. However, this area is also very isolated and usually doesn't get many visits (especially with the ability to trade credits in /me now). Therefore, many of these trophies and memorials would be better placed around the map, for example: Quabbleball achievements on the Qball Pitch, Duelling ones in the Duelling Halls (or perhaps somewhere more noticeable to other players), House Point ones either by the counter or in the common rooms, Flying ones by the flying class brooms, Potions in potions class, Classes in the Library, etc. etc.
I think that this should be done with at least some of them, but alternatively I think the trophies should be in areas that are highly visited - so a balance could be struck depending on the importants of said achievement.
I also don't think that the object used always has to be a trophy but instead could be something more topical. Such as for Flying it could be a broom with lore stating the possession of the broom to whoever has won the most flying tournaments.

Anyway, I think there's a lot to play around with and I think if done properly, it would add another layer of competition to the server and make the true Potterworldians feel more appreciated and included.

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Heya @MattyPoltergeist!

We appreciate you taking the time to create and share your suggestion! I will bring it up to the Poltergeist team and go into discussion. Afterwards, the Leadership team will make a decision, and once they have, I will return to you with a response!

Thank you again and I hope you have a good day!

Liz Frogg

Magician
Staff
Drooble's Order
Minecraft IGN: cxrzyyy
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Class Design Poltergeist Drooble's Order Engineer Intern
Hi @MattyPoltergeist!

I am very pleased to tell you that this suggestion has been accepted and is now live! We have added new leaderboards and champion NPCs in the Arena Halls, and therefore we will be marking this suggestion as complete. However, we will not be adding anything in the Trophy Room, as something like that would be an extra thing for the Arena Team to continuously maintain. Additionally, adding these extra things to the Trophy Room would make it a lot more crowded, which is something we would like to avoid.

Thank you so much for leaving your suggestion and I hope you have a wonderful rest of your day!