DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

POA challenge idea!

Bread Honeyduke

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: x_bread_x
Honeybadger
Hi, players of Potterworld!
I have a feeling that many of you have seen and completed the "mini-quests" (challenges?) for the first and second HP books. If you haven't I highly recommend it! I'm not quite sure if I can say where they start but if you know how- do them! Anyway, after I finished the second one, I was really craving to finish the rest of the quests for the series. Sadly, I found out that there aren't any quests for books 1-7. I don't know why, but my nerdy brain immediately started forming a plan for this mini-quest/challenge. So, here is my (not fully set-in-stone) idea for The Prisoner Of Azkaban challenge! It would be lovely if this or something like this happened! Also please feel free to drop your own ideas for the rest of the book's challenges in the thread!:honeybadger::griffin::raven::serpent::heart:

The challenge starts off in The Cauldron Inn. The player talks to an NPC of Arnold Weaslby (The location should probably upstairs or somewhere near FP). He asks them how their summer was, and then tells them that the infamous criminal Silas Blach has escaped The Dark Prison! Arnold then tells them not to try to find Blach as they already have enough trouble with school on their hands. He mentions that he used to love hanging out with the Fat Lady portrait in his times at Hogsworth. This is a nod to the scene in POA where Pettigrew tore up the portrait and also a hint to the player to check the portrait. When they get to the portrait, the Fat Lady tells them that she heard about some movement around the Wicked Willow tree and that if they want to help they should go there. After she says this, they are warped to a version of the tree with a black dog mob and they have to fight that off. It is very easy to fight off. After they kill it they are warped again to a mock-up of the Haunted Shack where they have to do simple parkour to get to the room they need to be in. If they fall, they get spawned back to the beginning of the parkour. When they finally get there, they are in a mock-up of the shack, except there is only the first room, and the stairs and the second floor are not accessible. On their right is a Henrietta Graynder NPC with green particles around her, and on the player's left is an NPC of Roland Weaslby. In front of them is an NPC of Regis Lupien, Silas Blach, and a cage with a squirming rat in it on the ground. When you click on Henrietta, she tells you that she saw you fighting with the black dog,(Silas Blach) and that right after you 'defeated' him, he got back up and dragged you through the trunk. Luckily, Roland and her made it safely. After she finishes, Silas starts to sparkle with particles. When the player clicks on him, he explains his story on how he is the player's godfather, was friends with their dad, etc. Finally, he gets to the big shocker: He wasn't the one to kill all the Unmagicals It was actually the Porters' "dear friend" Parker Petigrieve- who turns out to be an Animorphus hiding as Rolands pet rat! Just as he says this, Parker escapes. Blach tells you that you have to capture him and he warps you to another mock-up of the Haunted Shack; this time it is the hallway. There is a rat mob running around and it is your job to catch him and bring him back with the cage Silas provided. This part is similar to the Valentine's day quest in which you have to capture Jack's goose with a cage. After they do that, they leave and are warped back to the same mock-up of the shack with all the NPCs. Blach tells you good job and that Petigrieve will be taken to the ministry immediately. He also tells you that he would love you to live with him at 12 Grimmane Lane, but you refuse. He says that is fine and then gives you a collectible: a bottle of blue Animorphus potion, which will activate your Animorphus powers. This doesn't actually work and is just a collectible. It cannot be drunken. The challenge is then finished and the player is warped back to The Cauldron Inn with their collectible.

So that's it! I'm sorry if that was really confusing and only made sense to me! I think it would be really fun. Let me know if you have any questions! Stay safe!:heart::honeybadger::giggle:

Sirius Black with cup.gif

Grace

Graduate
Staff
Minecraft IGN: PinkWeezie
Honeybadger Auralock Staff Vampire Wizencouncil SPEW Lead Scribe Lead
Hello @Bread Honeyduke!

Thank you so much for taking the time to create this suggestion and also thank you for adding so much detail to it! We can definitely tell that you took your time with this, and for that, we really appreciate it. We have brought up this idea with the Leadership Team and I am pleased to let you know that we will be accepting it! The overall idea and theme of the Prisoner of Azkaban was something that we absolutely loved. We currently have quests that tie into the actual Harry Potter lore already planned for the future, but we will not be releasing any further details of those yet. While the final implementation of this type of quest may differ slightly from the suggestion, we really like the idea and definitely will be considering it for the future.

We really hope and would love to see more suggestions from you later on. Thank you again and have a wonderful day!