DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Polls

Bring back polls please, the poltergiest team making descions for the behalf of the community is not a good idea. I don't think there is that good communication between what poltergiest are hearing and what the people actually want. For an example a post can have so much likes and comments but still be turned down but it's what the players want? Either way bringing back polls are the way go for new ideas and other such. It brings the community together to decide what they want on discord. Some may say that we want to keep it a surprise but I mean, it's going to be reveal either way and maybe knowing the idea first could be useful because players might not like what you are doing to the server.

bring polls back to discord.

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello MyselfAndI_,
Thank you for bringing this to light. It's something we will certainly discuss and we will get back to you with a response.
Meanwhile, have a wonderful day!

luckiestblock

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: luckiestblock
Honeybadger
I was not around the forums when polls were there but from how it is described here alone it sounds like a better system then what we have now. With all due respect to the Poltergeist team (of which there is a lot as they are all at least to my knowledge volunteers) there is a severe disconnect between what the players want and what is filtered through and accepted.

Some of that disconnect is of course warranted; many players don't know the technical side to their suggestions and there might be some other stuff behind the scenes that makes some things difficult to implement but in most cases it goes beyond that.

As an example look at Fast Travel. It has been just under 24 days since Revelius informally launched and in that time almost no changes have been made to fast travel and there are no clear steps GD is making in the foreseeable future to fix it (to my knowledge). This is a system which according to a poll that 30+ people voted on (in Ivan's Fast Travel Post) had pretty much an 80% disapproval (for reference 70ish% of people say JFK was an above average or better president).

Last edited:

Ivan_

Professor
Minecraft IGN: _Navyy
Auralock Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf
I was not around the forums when polls were there but from how it is described here alone it sounds like a better system then what we have now. With all due respect to the Poltergeist team (of which there is a lot as they are all at least to my knowledge volunteers) there is a severe disconnect between what the players want and what is filtered through and accepted.

Some of that disconnect is of course warranted; many players don't know the technical side to their suggestions and there might be some other stuff behind the scenes that makes some things difficult to implement but in most cases it goes beyond that.

As an example look at Fast Travel. It has been just under 24 days since Revelius informally launched and in that time almost no changes have been made to fast travel and there are no clear steps GD is making in the foreseeable future to fix it (to my knowledge). This is a system which according to a poll that 30+ people voted on (in Ivan's Fast Travel Post) had pretty much an 80% disapproval (for reference 70ish% of people say JFK was an above average or better president).
+ I still didnt get any reply from staff about my suggestion or the travel issue and the whole post isnt even under review. Its been ~ 3 weeks since I made the post

Mallaidh

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: scarvlover
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Werewolf
I think this is a good idea, but only to maybe back up the poltergeist's decision.
I doubt that they will make the decision to make it entirely up to the community but polls should be introduced and made so that the poltergeists need to really consider it and not go against that poll unless it's something absolutely ridiculous or a duplicate.

Zadanthalion

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: ZADANeth
Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix
Would be nice to feel we had a say in the direction the server takes. That would be cool to see more implemented for sure.

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello again!
Let me start by saying that we did not forget about this thread, but we aren't sure yet how we want to bring back polls so that is why we haven't responded. I also want to thank you for suggesting this and bringing it up to us, as we really do appreciate any and all suggestions!
We are therefore happy to tell you that this idea has been accepted as this is something we would like to do and this is also something we have been thinking about for a while but we aren't yet sure how exactly we want to implement this. We feel that polls would be helpful in scenarios where we would specifically like to get the player base's opinion, but this will be when we feel it is necessary. There are also other ways for players to leave feedback on suggestions and we definitely encourage all of you to do so! In these cases, we hope to interact a bit more with the players and get their opinions on certain topics but unfortunately, neither the players or the Poltergeist Team will or have been making the final decisions. The Leadership Teams of whichever department(s) the suggestion and feedback affects are the ones that ultimately make the decisions.
Take care and enjoy your day!

Aviforma

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Aviforma
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent SPEW
The point of the polls, as suggested in this channel, was to show the playerbase's opinion even if it disagrees with that of the staff team. Having only hand-picked polls put in there by the staff team is likely to mostly negate the point of this. For example, if you made a poll on "exploration" (having to fly a long ways to get somewhere) most of the playerbase would vote no. However, staff would likely never put this onto a poll. There should be a system where if a thread hits 20 likes (a lot for the forums) or something of the sort it gets put onto a Discord poll in a #polls channel.

nathan1e

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: nathan1e
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
The point of the polls, as suggested in this channel, was to show the playerbase's opinion even if it disagrees with that of the staff team. Having only hand-picked polls put in there by the staff team is likely to mostly negate the point of this. For example, if you made a poll on "exploration" (having to fly a long ways to get somewhere) most of the playerbase would vote no. However, staff would likely never put this onto a poll. There should be a system where if a thread hits 20 likes (a lot for the forums) or something of the sort it gets put onto a Discord poll in a #polls channel.
With all due respect, but what's the point of a poll if the staff team already knows they're going to ignore a result? In your example if the poltergeists were to do a poll on the current exploration system, the entire purpose of the poll would be defeated if the poltergeist team already knew before releasing the poll that no matter the outcome of the poll, the exploration system won't change. The only thing such a poll does is create false hope to those that believe such a poll would really change anything. All in all I think those polls are best left away so the staff team doesn't create any expectations that they're never going to fulfill.

If you're keen on the staff team listening more to the playerbase rather than doing what they have in mind themselves, you have a valid point, I might even agree with you on that, but I don't think the presence of polls are going to change that in any way.

Aviforma

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Aviforma
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent SPEW
With all due respect, but what's the point of a poll if the staff team already knows they're going to ignore a result? In your example if the poltergeists were to do a poll on the current exploration system, the entire purpose of the poll would be defeated if the poltergeist team already knew before releasing the poll that no matter the outcome of the poll, the exploration system won't change. The only thing such a poll does is create false hope to those that believe such a poll would really change anything. All in all I think those polls are best left away so the staff team doesn't create any expectations that they're never going to fulfill.

If you're keen on the staff team listening more to the playerbase rather than doing what they have in mind themselves, you have a valid point, I might even agree with you on that, but I don't think the presence of polls are going to change that in any way.
I'd hope that having it that public might add more pressure for them to listen, but honestly you're right. :(