DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Prioritise Online over Favourites on the Friends List

MattyPoltergeist

Professor
Minecraft IGN: MattyPoltergeist
Serpent Werewolf
I'm unsure whether this has been either approved or rejected already, but I think it makes the most sense to prioritise friends who are online on the friends list over those who are set as favourite. Whenever doing /f list, it is almost ALWAYS to check who is online and having to check the second page even when I only have 1 friend online just seems unnecessary. However, I would still like my favourites to be above those who are not my favourites but not have this collide with the existing online order.
In my opinion this is easily the most logical way of ordering it:
- Online Favourites
- Online Friends
- Offline Favourites
- Offline Friends

Micah Cresswell

Professor
Minecraft IGN: Hacim4
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf
I 100% agree! Always when I join it kinda confuses me because I have a not favorite friend online and a favorite friend offline so I see the red, and I'm like "Why?"

So yes, I agree 100% with the order that Matty has suggested!

Nives

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: annivelation
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Vampire Werewolf Sr. Poltergeist
Hello there @MattyPoltergeist !

Thank you for bringing up this suggestion! I must say I have noticed the same and it would be nice to see the online friends before offline favorites. Therefore, I will be bringing up this suggestion to the rest of the Poltergeists. Once we reach a decision I will be back to let you know what was decided so keep an eye on this thread!

Thank you for taking the time to create this suggestion and I hope you have a fantastic day!

Nives

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: annivelation
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Vampire Werewolf Sr. Poltergeist
Hey @MattyPoltergeist !

Unfortunately, this suggestion has been declined because we think this would not go well with the concept of favourite friends. Favourite friends are designed to always be at the top of the friends list and if you wish to only sort by online and offline, there is no need to use the favourite friends feature. Therefore, we will not be adding this to the server.

Regardless, thank you for bringing up the suggestion and I hope you have a magical day!

Charcole

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: ColeTheCapybara
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire
Even though this is already declined, I really wish this was accepted. Having a favorite friend means that you want to see them at the top of the list when they're online. There's no need for them to be displayed at the top saying they're offline. If this was accepted, then clearly if the favorite friend does not appear at the top, they are offline. This takes up a lot of space when you're trying to see who is online. I want my favorite friends to appear at the top because if they are online, I want to know that, but if they are offline, then they are sitting there taking up a lot of space when I could simply know they're offline by them not appearing at the top. Should be implemented in my opinion (-:

The order Matty mentioned:
- Online Favourites
- Online Friends
- Offline Favourites
- Offline Friends
Makes a lot more sense than the current order

I should note that this is also more in line with how other servers use favorite friends, likely because it makes more sense (-: