DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Punishment for getting kicked from Class

Kidda

Magician
Minecraft IGN: vampire127
Griffin
I think it would be a nice deterrent if instead of just getting kicked from class without AC, you could get kicked with the addition of loosing house points maybe 5 house points.
This would be a good add on as it would mean that people could think twice before miss behaving in class.
This would also make the game feel more like the wizard world from the books and movies with real punishments for players as Level 80s don't need AC from a class so they could be tempted to mess around and create a disruption but having the idea of losing house points for people will be a bigger deal then just getting kicked without something you don't care about or want.
Obviously house points would be taken if they got kicked from class for breaking the rules, not something such as not having team mates in a class/challenge.
This addition would also help people experience on the server as players would more likely behave in class meaning that peoples experiences could remain realistic and fun!

Honey_Dwarf1

Archivist
Minecraft IGN: Honey_Dwarf1
Phoenix Raven
I don’t agree with this, i would say being kicked without ac is punishment enough since people join classes for the ac so it would be a waste of time to mess around. If people are going to mess around, they get kicked and are no longer an issue. There would also be more stress surrounding the idea of accidentally breaking a rule and being kicked (I used to be scared when I accidentally pressed shift that I would be kicked) since house mates would also be annoyed and start blaming people for losing points, which isn’t very encouraging and can have a negative atmosphere. It would also be more likely that people sabotage houses, maybe by playing on an alt inn a different house, or just by trolling and breaking rules to deliberately lose points from a house.

there was also a thread here which was about a very similar thing

LonelyDusk_

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: Lumya_
Honeybadger Dark Follower Werewolf
I don’t agree with this, i would say being kicked without ac is punishment enough since people join classes for the ac so it would be a waste of time to mess around. If people are going to mess around, they get kicked and are no longer an issue. There would also be more stress surrounding the idea of accidentally breaking a rule and being kicked (I used to be scared when I accidentally pressed shift that I would be kicked) since house mates would also be annoyed and start blaming people for losing points, which isn’t very encouraging and can have a negative atmosphere. It would also be more likely that people sabotage houses, maybe by playing on an alt inn a different house, or just by trolling and breaking rules to deliberately lose points from a house.

I agree with you for everything, in addition I can say there can be people who wants to lose house points of purpose to let other house win, since we can play with more accounts

MattyPoltergeist

Professor
Minecraft IGN: MattyPoltergeist
Serpent Werewolf

And no one who frequently breaks class rules actually care about house points, so maybe smth else but losing house points doesnt deter ppl from doing stuff

KipxSateee

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: KipxSateee
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven SPEW Sr. Poltergeist
Heya @Kidda & readers,

Thank you for bringing your suggestion to us! We always appreciate feedback from the player base.

As @Honey_Dwarf1 mentioned, your specific suggestion has already been discussed in an earlier thread, which can be found here. While we see where your suggestion is coming from, this could create a negative environment for the server, which is not desired. We don't want to punish hard working players for the actions of rulebreakers.

Because of what is mentioned above, I will be marking this thread as a duplicate.

If you have additional feedback or questions, please don't hesitate to reach out!

I wish you a wonderful day! :heart:

Kind regards,
KipxSateee