DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Put Father Ted in Ireland

Mallaidh

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: scarvlover
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Werewolf
Okay - whos up for Potterworld to have a cool reference to a cool show?

This won't serve any real purpose, it's just a bit of fun and going "oh look, a father ted reference!"
The idea here is literally go to the empty church in Ireland and pop in a NPC called Father Ted.

That's it.

Do it.

I dare you.

may2070

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: may2070
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
I'm all for Potterworld making pop culture references, but I'm not sure if this is well known within the community for people to get the reference. Considering that this show aired in the 90s, and most players on the server are either in Middle School, High School or freshman in university (this is just an assumption btw), then odds are they probably never heard of Father Ted before. Still, this is a neat idea and I'm sure there are players within the community who get the reference. I might even check out the show now :)

Aviforma

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Aviforma
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent SPEW
We need more NPC's such as these. The world feels dead. Emotionless. Cold. 99% of the NPC's you see are literal zombies, walking around mindlessly until they hit a wall. And the other 1% expects you to do some trivial task they apparently can't do themselves.

Mallaidh

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: scarvlover
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Werewolf
I'm all for Potterworld making pop culture references, but I'm not sure if this is well known within the community for people to get the reference. Considering that this show aired in the 90s, and most players on the server are either in Middle School, High School or freshman in university (this is just an assumption btw), then odds are they probably never heard of Father Ted before. Still, this is a neat idea and I'm sure there are players within the community who get the reference. I might even check out the show now :)
We need more NPC's such as these. The world feels dead. Emotionless. Cold. 99% of the NPC's you see are literal zombies, walking around mindlessly until they hit a wall. And the other 1% expects you to do some trivial task they apparently can't do themselves.
wowowowo you guys heard it here first we got TWO people backing me up!!!

I agree May that not many people might get the reference, but everyone I've mentioned it to has and even if they don't get the reference it's just a bit of fun. All references go missed by someone out there.

And I agree aviforma! I love the new towns but they are described by staff as "bustling with life" and really, I don't see it. It would be nice also to have specific messages for NPCs when you right click them, perhaps referencing their quests or their jobs or whereabouts they are - give them all personalities!

Rather than, you know, "salutations!" "hello!" from an NPC that was very rude and had a very outwards personality during their quest.

Just feels very mismatched.

Bailey

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: viewful
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire
Hello, and thank you for making a suggestion for Potterworld!

I will bring this to light to the Poltergeist team immediately and gain feedback in order to give you a response as soon as possible. Thank you again, and take care!

Bailey

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: viewful
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire
Hello @Mallaidh!

I brought your idea up to the team and unfortunately, we will be declining this suggestion at this time. After much consideration, the team came to the conclusion that this easter egg (or reference) will not be well known by the community so many users would not recognise the reference. Also, the reference is not related towards Harry Potter in any way and will stand out.

Once again, thank you so much for making a suggestion though! We greatly appreciate it!

Nik_Blazius

Magician
Minecraft IGN: Nik_Blazius
Honeybadger
this easter egg (or reference) will not be well known by the community so many users would not recognise the reference
I don't know this show either, but I think easter eggs like this could be interesting, and it would give more flavouring to the map! For me, personally, everything like this would be interesting because it could give me a knowledge about something I didn't know, and never heard of. It's entertaining.

Also, the reference is not related towards Harry Potter in any way and will stand out.
Does it mean that you will remove the Tardis too? It's not less outstanding than placing an NPC with the name "Father Ted" in a church... (Edit: Actually there are some reference I - and I suppose many others - didn't know.)

Last edited:

Aviforma

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Aviforma
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent SPEW
Does it mean that you will remove the Tardis too? It's not less outstanding than placing an NPC with the name "Father Ted" in a church... (Edit: Actually there are some reference I - and I suppose many others - didn't know.)
He's got a point...