DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

PvP System

HektorTM

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: HektorTM
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Hi there,
many families claimed a town for their family members so I would suggest a pvp system. It would work like this:

There would be a command for example: /pvp
It could open a GUI which would ask if you are sure that you want to enter pvp mode.
Any person in that mode would be able to get attacked or attack other players who enabled the pvp mode for themselves.

This would help in things like war or just normal *just for fun* duels somewhere in the world!

~Hektor

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
I think this would be a fun way to add to pvp dueling and roleplay around the map, but I'd also consider whether doing this would increase lag within the world when a group of people would start pvp'ing and casting within an area.

Honey_Dwarf1

Archivist
Minecraft IGN: Honey_Dwarf1
Phoenix Raven
How would this work with fire and AoE spells? I like the idea of being able to pvp others, but I'm not certain if it would work - I think fire was disabled in the old wilderness, but if it is enabled in the new map, it could be a problem

Mateo

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: daance
Auralock Dark Follower Serpent SPEW
Hiya!

Thank you for your suggestion, it helps us improve the server! I'll get back to you when we've made a final decision on this idea! \:)

Queeeni

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: morrgannn
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Hello @HektorTM,

This suggestion is being accepted, as we would like to work on a system like this or that has a similar concept. However, this is not something that would happen for a long time, as it requires new tech, and there are other things that are higher on our priority list. Thank you for taking the time to create this suggestion!

Have a fantastic day!

Last edited:

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
I wonder if this PVP system could include a separate chat and maybe a cooldown?

There could be a [PVP] chat that players can access, but it would act like the [Hourglass] chat where it only shows information and players won't be able to chat in it. The [PVP] chat would notify players when a player has enabled or disabled PVP. The enabling and disabling announcements can have a different color, or just a symbol that's a different color. Though opening PVP chat for talking would be fine, I think that seeing notifications when a player enables PVP could get lost.

The second suggestion is to add a cooldown so that players won't be able to disable PVP right after they enable it. Maybe a 5 to 10 minute cooldown between enabling to disabling and the other way around.

Queeeni

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: morrgannn
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Hello @Psycho,

I would suggest creating another suggestion for these new ideas as we have already responded to this thread. By creating a new suggestion we can take the time to look at it and respond to it properly. Thank you!

EdenLovesMommy

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: EdenLovesMommy
Auralock Dark Follower Raven
Hello @HektorTM,

This suggestion is being accepted, as we would like to work on a system like this or that has a similar concept. However, this is not something that would happen for a long time, as it requires new tech, and there are other things that are higher on our priority list. Thank you for taking the time to create this suggestion!

Have a fantastic day!
Is it time