DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

QB - Bruiser update thoughts and suggestions

Engelhardmarcos

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: M_Engel
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Vampire Werewolf Arithmancer
Hello,

In Quabbleball, there is a new update that now Bruiser share the cooldown with two abilities. If you don't hit anyone, the cd is just 7 seconds, but.... if you hit successfully a bruiser/passer/searcher, you need to wait 12 seconds to help any other ability.

I understand that prevents an opposite team be ground-lock (almost) all the game, and this fix it. However, there is another problem, bruiser now are a bit useless, sometimes I can't do nothing to prevent the opposite team to score because I already used one of my abilities in a previous moment of the game.

So, my suggestions are the following:

First one is reducing the cooldown after successful hits to 7/8 seconds or maybe slightly higher, since now the cooldown is combined with the two bruiser's abilities.
And second and last is reverting passers not being able to use abilities off broom and instead have bruisers give passers a cooldown on their abilities along with knocking them off.

Thank you for reading this thread and I would like to listen other's feedback/suggestion.

Have a great and a magic day!

vanya

Magician
Minecraft IGN: egg_AV
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Vampire
First one is reducing the cooldown after successful hits to 7/8 seconds or maybe slightly higher, since now the cooldown is combined with the two bruiser's abilities.
REAL the current cooldown is too long and makes it so that the only way bruiser can have substantial impact is if u have 2 good bruisers on a player
And second and last is reverting passers not being able to use abilities off broom and instead have bruisers give passers a cooldown on their abilities along with knocking them off.
ALSO REAL cause part of removing abilities was because qb is a game played in the air and not on the ground, but removing these abilities also made it so that we can no longer make plays when we're off our brooms and still in the air (like drop shots + stealing). so I think making it so that being hit by a bruiser is what removes ur abilities would solve this problem

overall agree with this post v much (y)(y)(y)(y)

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
This latest Quabbleball update really screwed the Bruiser position over. They're making bruisers fly around for 12 seconds essentially doing nothing but fly because they were able to hit their target and have to wait for a shared cooldown on BOTH of their skills. I know that Passers may have a hard time evading a Bruiser that focuses and grounds them, but this 12 second shared cooldown really seems excessive. Even before this Bruiser update, Passers were still able to score after they implemented that Passer update where they couldn't use their skills on the ground.

I think they need to get rid of the shared cooldown completely because that's the worse thing that they did with Bruiser. I'm up for adjusting the cooldown for each skill though. Maybe leave the knockoff skill at a lower cooldown whilst the bruising skill is 3 seconds longer? Possibly Knockoff @ 6 seconds and Bruising @ 9 seconds - whatever number seems good enough so Passers won't be grounded.

• If a Passer is on the ground, they SHOULD NOT be able to use their skills. - I like that.
  • If a Passer is knocked off or bruised by a Bruiser, they SHOULD NOT be able to use their skills. - I like that.
  • If a Passer is flying and PURPOSELY dismounts their broom to drop and throw the Quabbleball, then they SHOULD be able to use their skills. - I like this too.
I think it's the last two points that get confused. I like it when some Passers are able to do their Dropshot skill, BUT I didn't like it when I was able to bruise or knockoff a Passer and they were still able to use their skills right after. And I think that this is what you're referring to in your suggestion? Giving the Passer a cooldown on their skills if they are affected by a Bruiser? Though I'm unsure if they're able to differentiate the last two points and apply it toward the game to actually make it work.

I really think that this Bruiser update ruined the game. I noticed that the dynamics shifted a bit, it wasn't as fun playing as both a Bruiser or Passer because as a Bruiser it was frustrating flying right next to the opposing Passer and hearing the error beeps because I was in a cooldown. And as a Passer, it didn't seem as competitive and felt more like a relaxed game because I knew that Bruisers had a shared cooldown so I wouldn't have to worry about what skill they would use on me.

Engelhardmarcos

Animorphus
Staff
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Vampire Werewolf Arithmancer
I think it's the last two points that get confused. I like it when some Passers are able to do their Dropshot skill said:
In my opinion, is a bit unfair while Bruisers ( and If i'm not mistaken think searchers can as well, not sure) can do abilities even on ground/in air, why passers couldn't have the same perk as well?

That would be cool if they could differentiate in air and on ground, because if a passer try to throw the ball while falling from the broom (by its input) it appear "you'are on the ground" message, which technically is not true.

Sharing cd I believe this can work if it's well balanced, as I said, and for what I read, we both agree 12 seconds is too much time, which makes opponent passers way too comfortable and no reason to NOT going into a straight line to goal.

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
A day after you posted this suggestion they adjusted the Bruiser cooldown to 7 seconds with a shared cooldown.
After playing a few games, I would say that it is much better than the original 12 second shared cooldown, BUT still as bad since the skills are still shared.

Other than that, I think the introduction of shared cooldowns really changed the game. Unsure if it's good or bad, but from my perspective, Quabbleball used to be fun without some of the recent adjustments and I'm saying this as having played both Bruiser and Passer most of the time. Yeah, bruising Passers and trying to ground them was fun, but evading Bruisers from grounding me was an annoyance but fun in a way - it just felt challenging and that's what made it fun. This new version of QB just doesn't seem as exciting to play anymore.

Engelhardmarcos

Animorphus
Staff
They indeed readjusted the Bruiser shared couldown after the day of this poster, and I also agree it's indeed better.

I believe there's a huge gap between experience players and beginner players, which experience players are able to avoid ground lock, but if it's a beginner player, it would be more complicated to dodge it(in fact it would be landed until the last second).

I believe a way that could help the bruisers would be block the ball with their body (something like the old update). That way, instead bruisers going behind of opponent passers, like we're used to. That would make bruisers an important role that can help a defender and make itself useful while its abilities are recharging from the cooldown. (Besides it adds some realism to the game than a ball passing through a bruiser).

Last edited:

Nives

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: annivelation
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Sr. Poltergeist
Hello hello, @Engelhardmarcos !

I'm happy to inform you that this suggestion has been accepted and completed! We have reduced the shared cooldown for Bruisers to 6 seconds, half of the 12 second time it was long ago. We have also reverted passers not being able to use their abilities off their broom.

Thank you for creating this suggestion and I hope you have a wonderful day!