DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Quabbleball Defender Suggestions

Scoobydoolego

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Scoobydoolego
Honeybadger
The position of defender in Quabbleball is disliked by many, and widely considered the weakest and most difficult position. It is very difficult to block against even moderately skilled passers without dedicating a large amount of time to practice. With extremely skilled passers, especially those who use the tactic of dropping the quabble and picking it back up, it is near impossible for anyone to stop them from scoring. Because they can shoot from afar, and drop the quabble when they are close to the goal, the right click ability for defenders is almost useless against them. Therefore, I suggest a slight change to the ability. It would be much easier to defend if the right-click not only stole the ball from a player but could catch in the air, similar to the passer right-click. This would give defenders more of a chance against passers, especially skilled ones.

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
Yeah, I've seen a player do what you're talking about when I'm Defender. I dubbed it the Drop Skill and I recorded it to show how they do it. And I agree that Defenders should be able to catch the quabbleball whilst in the air similar to how Passers are able to do it, but I think the game staff suggested that it would make Defenders too OP.

Other than that, I think that the Drop Skill is pretty neat and a nice challenge for Defenders, but I also think that it gives a huge disadvantage for Defenders because of how the Defender's skills can't really block that within the cooldown time.

A suggestion could be to disable Quabbleballs from being dropped?

Here are a couple images showing how the player does it and how using the Defender's grab skill whilst near them doesn't work.

Jadyn Kingling

Magician
Minecraft IGN: JadynKingling
Raven
Adding onto this, it'd be great if it didn't blind you when you even slightly leave the Defender barrier, as it makes it hard to get back and stop the other team from scoring. Sure, blind the Defender if they go too far, but when you're only a teeny bit out, it gets frustrating and difficult.

MamaDuckie

Head of Media
Head Staff
Staff
Minecraft IGN: MamaDuckie
Staff Head Staff Raven
Hello and thank you for the suggestion! I'm going to bring this up with the Poltergeist team to see what they think and get back to you as soon as I can!

MamaDuckie

Head of Media
Head Staff
Staff
Minecraft IGN: MamaDuckie
Staff Head Staff Raven
'ello! After bringing this up with the rest of the Poltergeists, we agree that the defender position could not do much about that tactic and that the right click ability wasn't helping them much. As such, some changes have been made and we hope that playing the defender position will be better and that the right click ability will be able to be used better as well. For more information on the changes, please see the post made by Deniz here: https://potterworldmc.com/threads/quabbleball-update.5513/