DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Quabbleball Game Options

Would you be interested in Competitive and Non-Competitive Quabbleball games?

• Maybe, I'd have to think about it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

mckenna varulv ❦

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: xokenna
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf SPEW
While playing a Quabbleball game, I realized some newer players were having trouble because top-tier players are playing almost everyday and usually taking away scoring chances, bruising the newer players, or defending their goals. So, my idea is that there could be two different Quabbleball games. One would be Competitive, for top-tier or middle-range Quabbleball players. The other would be Non-Competitive, for newer players who are still practicing and trying to get the hang of the game. This would not only be great for newer players, but Competitive Players would be challenged while playing, because they'd be playing with people who are their skill level. It may be hard having two different Quabbleball games, but I think it would benefit players, since I know new players sometimes feel discouraged because these top-tier players are taking away their scoring chances or scoring on them over and over. New players would be able to get a hang of the game, and practice until they're comfortable enough to try a hand at the Competitive gamemode, while Competitive players would also be able to get better, but be challenged and not having it be an easy victory for them.

(EDIT)
While thinking, maybe there could be a limit of wins. So say, you can only play on Non-Competitive until you have about 20 wins. This would ensure that top-tier players wouldn't just join Non-Competitive for easy wins.

Last edited:

FlatJambo

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: FlatJambo
Honeybadger Auralock
This would be very effective in my opinion! I sometimes want to practice without being completely destroyed. This allows new players to improve before they go against big-league players.

Lilian

Dragonologist
Minecraft IGN: Liyl
Auralock Dark Follower Serpent
I think that if there were two game modes, new players would feel more encouraged to start playing. There are also new players basically everyday.
there's normally like 1-3 competitive players in qb so like- basically ppl who are good at the game are barely ever going to be able to queue

Brandon_Everard

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: Thrashaba
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf SPEW
So I do not mind the idea at all but I almost feel like this would set a precedent if implemented for other games like Spell Wars, which I cannot get a kill on at all, or even flying whenever I queue with Mayu or Tilly is there. Of course, the server wanna give the best experience to players but I almost feel like this is just unneeded due to community sizes on all 3 mentioned.

The other point I would like to make is the players that are just doing minigames for their dailies. Once they cross that 20 game threshold (I'll be honest, I have no idea what I am doing in Quabble but I try my hardest) just by doing dailies and being carried essentially, then we run into the same issue with the "top players" getting people that have just been playing for a long time that does not care about competitive play.

Maybe this idea could be expanded into "tutorial" world/instance if that makes sense? Like how the dueling halls are set up right now for peeps to practice dueling there, but with quabbleball positions and the given broom instead for groups to practice. Something that doesn't count against W/L or SBMM.

TallBlondeDude

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: TallBlondeDude
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf
As a player who would most likely be considered a top tier player, I can agree that the most fun games are when I'm against other QB sweats. However, as liyl mentioned earlier the QB player base honestly can not handle this split right now. QB has been pretty active the last month, more active than I can remember it being for a long time, but even now I highly doubt 2 queues could be supported. Even then, while less enjoyable then winning, observing top players play and learning from them is very helpful towards people getting better - I learned passer pretty quickly by copying liyl's strat and then modifying it to fit my tastes.

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Heya, @thatgirlkenna!

Thank you for taking the time to create this suggestion! I’ll bring it up to the staff team, and I’ll send a response to you as soon as possible!

Have a nice day!

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Hello again, @thatgirlkenna!

We appreciate you making this suggestion, but unfortunately, this is similar to the one here, which has been declined. As Lilian mentioned, this is due to how small the player-base is, and not enough players would be able to fill up the queue. This could also spread out the player-base. We want to ensure that the community continues to stay close and have fun together. Despite this, thank for you making this suggestion, and I hope you continue to create more in the foreseeable future!

Have a great day!