DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Quabbleball - Help new players

Engelhardmarcos

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: M_Engel
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Vampire Werewolf Arithmancer
Hello, so I've been playing quabbleball lately, and usually there are new players who want to try quabbleball. Once i already tried qb for the first time, I couldn't help but notice that there are a few "visual issues" that don't help beginner players.
First of all, after a match, you usually want to play again (either you had fun, or you want try new roles, or even for dailies) and since the teams are sorted random, you can be on a different team's color, but you can think you are from other team because of the previous game, which usually leads to try to bruise/pass opposite team thinking they were your teammates or even score an own goals.

And the UI doesn't help much, for example, you're on the green team and even if you score an own goal, on the chat it appears your name on the opposite team color (red) like you were on that team.

A way to prevent is would be either indicate in which team are you on in the info bar, something like in the minigame shoulsward wars does, or appearing the name with current team's color regardless if you score on opponent's hop or your own one.
(I understand it can be somewhat embarrassing, but we're a friendly server, so i believe other players can be comprehensible).

I also understand this can be a tiny little detail, but i believe it will help future new quabbleball players who will try the minigame for the first time. :D

Thank you for reading this post and I hope you all have a magical day! :D

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
I wonder if there's a way to apply the glowing status effect to the blocks that surround the goals for the players in the game similar to how players are glowing when they are holding the quabbleball? There could be an outline surrounding the goal that the Passer has to throw to, so if the Passer is on Red Team then the Green Team goal would be glowing. Unsure if the goals should be glowing green or red - maybe if they were glowing white then that would be better? I know that the glowing status only works for living entities like mobs - maybe use shulker boxes or slimes inside the goals!

A way to prevent is would be either indicate in which team are you on in the info bar, something like in the minigame shoulsward wars does, or appearing the name with current team's color regardless if you score on opponent's hop or your own one.
To add on to this idea, maybe it could say "WRONG WAY" which flashes in different colors on the info bar at the top if a player that's holding the quabble is heading toward their own goal.

Nives

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: annivelation
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Sr. Poltergeist
Hi hi @Engelhardmarcos !

Thank you for making this suggestion! We always appreciate players coming forward with new ideas on how to improve the server! I will be bringing up this idea to my fellow Poltergeists and we will discuss it further. Once we've recieved a decision I'll be sure to let you know on this thread!

Thank you once again and I hope you have a magical day!:honeybadger:

Nives

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: annivelation
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Sr. Poltergeist
Greetings, @Engelhardmarcos !

Unfortunately, we decided to decline this suggestion because the Dev team has a lot of higher priorities at the moment. With the recent resignations and therefore a smaller team, prioritization becomes more important so we will be declining this suggestion due to it receiving little support from the playerbase and it being low priority. However, we do think some of these ideas have potential so we may look at them in the future. We hope you understand our decision!

Regardless, we thank you for taking the time to make the suggestion and hope you have a wonderful day!:honeybadger: