DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Quabbleball - Steal cooldown

cheddarsoup

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: cheddarsoup
Auralock Phoenix Serpent Werewolf
There should be a cooldown to steal the ball from someone after you get it stolen from you. Too many times, someone gets the ball taken from them, but because you have to be close to steal it anyways, they get it taken right back. Some people might think this is an okay mechanic, I'm personally not a fan. I think if you get it stolen from you, there should be a 1-3 second delay before you can steal.

If other people in the quabbleball community hate this then fair enough but the mechanic does not make a ton of sense to me at the moment.

(Also to the staff - please don't decline this simply because there's "more important" development stuff you have going on. I understand the team is small right now, but you can't keep neglecting the active communities within the server. It's just going to lead to the player count plummeting to the ground.)

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
I agree, it's usually players who have a quick reaction time so it ends up feeling like you just wasted your stealing skill on them once they steal it right back. If there was a cooldown then it would definitely give that stealing passer time to evade and pass the ball to someone else.

TallBlondeDude

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: TallBlondeDude
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf
I disagree
It is very hard to pull off, and there is counter-play available with flight paths that make it much harder to be stolen from.

Ivan_

Professor
Minecraft IGN: _Navyy
Auralock Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf
There should be a cooldown to steal the ball from someone after you get it stolen from you. Too many times, someone gets the ball taken from them, but because you have to be close to steal it anyways, they get it taken right back. Some people might think this is an okay mechanic, I'm personally not a fan. I think if you get it stolen from you, there should be a 1-3 second delay before you can steal.

If other people in the quabbleball community hate this then fair enough but the mechanic does not make a ton of sense to me at the moment.

(Also to the staff - please don't decline this simply because there's "more important" development stuff you have going on. I understand the team is small right now, but you can't keep neglecting the active communities within the server. It's just going to lead to the player count plummeting to the ground.)
I agree, that mechanic is just annoying and doesn't make sense. Considering that brooms are the same speed, stealing is already annoying enough.
Also the no dev excuse is always just an excuse, it's not a actual reason why they decline or accept something, except if it requires some crazy dev work, which isn't the case most of the times.

cheddarsoup

Graduate
I disagree
It is very hard to pull off, and there is counter-play available with flight paths that make it much harder to be stolen from.
In my experience it's not really that hard, especially if you're expecting to be stolen from. Also while yes, you can just fly better and not get stolen from, inevitably you're gonna make a mistake and get it stolen from you - and what I'm saying with this suggestion is that you should not have the opportunity to capitalize off of a mistake you made by stealing the ball right back.

TallBlondeDude

Librarian
In my experience it's not really that hard, especially if you're expecting to be stolen from. Also while yes, you can just fly better and not get stolen from, inevitably you're gonna make a mistake and get it stolen from you - and what I'm saying with this suggestion is that you should not have the opportunity to capitalize off of a mistake you made by stealing the ball right back.
it’s not inevitable

Doesn’t happen to me that often if at all

just fly with the knowledge they can steal back and it’s not that hard to avoid

if they capitalize it’s bc ur giving them the chance to

cheddarsoup

Graduate
it’s not inevitable

Doesn’t happen to me that often if at all

just fly with the knowledge they can steal back and it’s not that hard to avoid

if they capitalize it’s bc ur giving them the chance to
Okay but… if it’s not an issue for you then why does it matter if it stays or goes

btw just to clarify I don’t want a steal cooldown at all times because that would suck, only for after the ball gets taken from you and a very short one.

TallBlondeDude

Librarian
Okay but… if it’s not an issue for you then why does it matter if it stays or goes

btw just to clarify I don’t want a steal cooldown at all times because that would suck, only for after the ball gets taken from you and a very short one.

bc i want to be able to do it to people

Aviann

Magician
Staff
Minecraft IGN: AviannTheBird
Auralock Staff Griffin Phoenix Sr. Professor Class Design Lore Keeper
Hello @cheddarsoup

This suggestion has been declined. Across our extensive Quabbleball Beta Testing, we didn't see steal cooldowns to be an extreme issue. We have sped up the game by increasing the speeds of our brooms, making the game faster, and hope that immediate stealing isn't as much of an issue.

Thank you for taking the time to make your suggestion, have a good rest of your day!