DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Quabbleball Tab Changes

TallBlondeDude

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: TallBlondeDude
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf
FEEDBACK

So there has been a couple changes to TAB in quabbleball, and the most recent one puts your role after your name even in game. This is really ugly and not needed, as peoples helmets are and always have been a working and perfectly fine method of knowing which roles they are. This really clutters up QB and I hope it gets reverted.

Deniz

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: DenizTM
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire VIP SPEW
It's funny because the code for it has been there since the creation of Quabbleball, it was just not working. We released a change for something else a few hours ago that fixed this - so that's why it was suddenly appearing now.

At first, it was like (P) in light grey parentheses and the team color for the letter, but I found that more ugly and a bit vague so I changed it to use the full word in caps. I dunno, personally I like it but we can definitely find a compromise. Do you think going back to the parentheses would be better, or do you just want it gone completely?

I wanna see what more others think before changing it though - worth noting that good, and bad, change always takes time getting used to :)

For those reading this post and not knowing what we're talking about, basically the rule is now in the tab list, like this:

TallBlondeDude

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: TallBlondeDude
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf
It's funny because the code for it has been there since the creation of Quabbleball, it was just not working. We released a change for something else a few hours ago that fixed this - so that's why it was suddenly appearing now.

At first, it was like (P) in light grey parentheses and the team color for the letter, but I found that more ugly and a bit vague so I changed it to use the full word in caps. I dunno, personally I like it but we can definitely find a compromise. Do you think going back to the parentheses would be better, or do you just want it gone completely?

I wanna see what more others think before changing it though - worth noting that good, and bad, change always takes time getting used to :)

For those reading this post and not knowing what we're talking about, basically the rule is now in the tab list, like this:

I thought the one letter was fine. The issue really isn’t with it in tab but with it in game. The additional bright text is really jarring and cluttered, especially when there are a lot of people near each other.

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
I think that the role above the player's name would be helpful for new players, assuming that know the role names and what they do. But yeah, It does seem cluttered especially with the bold white text, but I usually focus on the team colors and the helmets that each player is wearing to help me out.

This doesn't make a big difference, but I personally preferred to hide my role whilst hiding behind the blocks and liked to watch players on the opposing team try to see what role I chose - so the mystery is gone with this role update. :mad:

*Please fix the no fly/throw/talk glitch!

Deniz

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: DenizTM
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire VIP SPEW
Hi!

I want to quickly bring back this post here - is this post still the case, or did it take some getting used to? If it's still the case, I can push a tweak to it so it only uses the first letter of the position, like this:

Looking forward to your comments, thanks in advance :)

Lilian

Dragonologist
Minecraft IGN: Liyl
Auralock Dark Follower Serpent
ngl the roles in tab are nice for during the lobby time where you choose your positions, but during the game it's pretty useless unless it's a chill game where i'm just tryna figure out who a sentient non is lmao

^^ for intense games my eyes usually take a full 20 seconds to figure out what role people are playing via tab (my eyes lowkey just glaze over the bold white words istfg), which could easily also be done just by playing the game normally??

but yeah in conclusion hmu w the tweaked version 🥺

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
I got used to it, doesn't bother me as much. Although, I usually look at Tab to see what role a player is. Maybe remove the role title from the player above their head, but keep it in Tab?

mckenna varulv ❦

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: xokenna
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf SPEW
I got used to it, doesn't bother me as much. Although, I usually look at Tab to see what role a player is. Maybe remove the role title from the player above their head, but keep it in Tab?
I think this idea is best! I do like seeing other people's roles in tab so I can see what position I should play, but it is kind of useless to have it over player's heads.

Mallaidh

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: scarvlover
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Werewolf
I think I personally would prefer the 1 letter, just because the bold looks really out of place and odd when its above everyones heads when they're flying around

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Heya @TallBlondeDude!

I'd like to inform you that it has been accepted, as we agree with the feedback that you have given on the changes in the tab while in Quabbleball. We also see that it is still slightly an issue, even since players have gotten used to it. Therefore, we will be simplifying the tab a bit to make it feel more organized and simple and not as cluttered. Thank you for making this suggestion, and we hope you create more in the foreseeable future!

Have a great day!

littledead

Magician
Staff
Minecraft IGN: littledead
Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf DD Editor Sr. Poltergeist
Hello @TallBlondeDude !

I'm happy to inform you that your suggestion has been implemented for some time now! In the Quabbleball Tab players now have the first initial of their role at the end of their name.

Thank you for your suggestion, hope you have a great day!