DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Quabbleball (yes, again) Rule Interpretation

Lilian

Dragonologist
Minecraft IGN: Liyl
Auralock Dark Follower Serpent
Or make it realistic - Super hard to catch even a single snidget - Some games you wont catch any. But boost the score to 50-100? So even 1 would have a huge impact on the game!
i feel like that'd either be hella op or hella weak- nobody'd choose searcher if it was extremely hard and if someone good got
4-5 catches (assuming it's worth 100 bc anything less than that would be useless asf) then it'd be extremely hard to counter

TallBlondeDude

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: TallBlondeDude
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf
Searcher isn't broken, just hard to counter effectively. Now that passer is getting an indirect buff, I would recommend letting the meta settle before looking at searcher changes. The changes for searcher I have seen suggested in this thread would result in a bad role due to either a) making it have some time in the game where there is nothing to do on purpose or b) buff/nerf searcher into insane heights or insane depths where it would decide every game 100% or never decide a game

I have also found it interesting in that its actually much easier for me to "carry" as passer as opposed to searcher in most games, even though I believe myself to be a better searcher then passer.

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello everyone,

As Deniz has already said, we'll be looking into making these changes (= Deniz will) and we'll take into consideration all the feedback left on this thread. Deniz has also responded in regards to the rule clarification needed, so this thread has been discussed sufficiently. Therefore, this thread will be put On-Hold and Deniz will be looking into possibly making these changes in the future.
Of course, if anyone has other feedback they want to give us, feel free to leave it here, as we appreciate any feedback given to us by those who regularly play quabbleball and can judge these situations better than we can.

Thank you for the wonderful discussion everyone and have a wonderful day!