DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Quest Changes ASAP.

I have been playing this game for a while and I am currently a year four. As I've worked through the quests, I have experienced the same issues and frustration with the way that they are constructed. Specifically, parkours and creature spawn time. The breaking point of my frustration comes from the Year 4 quest: Flying Seahorses. The Cave Guardians spawn in outrageous numbers and with very little cooldown time. At the part where the player should complete the invisible parkour, I turned around curiously and counted 14 Cave Guardians behind me. All of the Cave Guardians have a general range of 300+ health and would be impossible to beat together if I had wanted to defend myself. There are very few spells that are applicable in this situation even if there were fewer Cave Guardians to battle. The ridiculous creature spawn time could be bearable or even overlooked if the parkour wasn't so lengthy. I have had the same problem with the parkour courses in the previous quests as I am having in the Year 4: Flying Seahorses quest and that stems from the lack of checkpoints. I thoroughly recommend adding checkpoints to the parkour courses in all of the quests for many reasons. The number one reason would be for your benefit! Time and time again, when I am respawned minutes away from the parkour course, I lose any motivation to continue doing the quest. It's exhausting and ridiculous to force players to walk back to an NPC, have a conversation, find a cave, use two or three spells, run, and either battle creatures or avoid them, to finally arrive at the difficult portion. I believe that adding parkour checkpoints would entice your audience to continue with quests rather than getting bored with the game and not returning to the server. Secondly, adding checkpoints would make the quests more inviting for players who may not be as good at parkour. I believe that I am okay with parkour, I usually have to help my friends complete some of the courses on Potterworld, but not all players have the equipment or ability to be good at parkour. Creating checkpoints would make it easier for those players to complete quests and have a more enjoyable experience. Lastly, if the idea of creating checkpoints sounds unappealing to other players, it should be optional. I know there are skilled players who might enjoy a parkour challenge, but it shouldn't restrict other players from having a good experience. I have had a good experience with this server and would definitely recommend it to other people, but some of the aspects of the quests need to change. I have read other complaints very similar to this and they seem to outnumber the complaints about other parts of the game. For a game that focuses heavily on the Quests, I recommend making this change to continue having success and maintaining active players.

smorgmorg

New Magician
I completely agree as I am having the same exact problem! I am still stuck on the flying seahorse quest and I feel as if the quest parkours are just going to get harder. As someone who doesn't have a great PC, I somehow always slip up on these sorts of quests. I get to the very end after hours only to go right back to the very beginning. Check points would be such a great way to still include the difficult parkour without the annoyance of it. Hopefully this gets approved.

I completely agree as I am having the same exact problem! I am still stuck on the flying seahorse quest and I feel as if the quest parkours are just going to get harder. As someone who doesn't have a great PC, I somehow always slip up on these sorts of quests. I get to the very end after hours only to go right back to the very beginning. Check points would be such a great way to still include the difficult parkour without the annoyance of it. Hopefully this gets approved.
I know! I have seen a few posts similar to this and I'm relieved to know that I am not the only one having this issue. Hopefully they will do something about it and we can go back to enjoying the game!

Grace

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: PinkWeezie
Honeybadger Auralock Vampire SPEW
Greetings!

So this type of suggestion regarding adding checkpoints to parkour has actually already been requested and accepted here. We really do understand the frustrations with parkour and we are working towards making future parkour generally easier. Not every parkour will be getting checkpoints, but the longest and more difficult ones are going to get nerfed or checkpoints added to them.

We are really sorry for your frustration with this, but we are constantly working toward improving the player experience. I am going to go ahead and mark this thread as a duplicate, but we'd love to hear any ideas you have in the future! Hope you have a wonderful day. :)