DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Quest Finder

MamaDaFoo

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: MamaDaFoo
Dark Follower Serpent
There should be a way to see any quests you haven't completed yet whether its on the Potterworld map with the quests in different areas on it or maybe an in-game item as well? Because I've been finding it hard to get/find the quests and/or ran out of quests to do because I haven't discovered new ones. :cry: I just think for convivence that a magical book or something would cross out quests that a player has done and for the quests that haven't been discovered yet have their texts grayed out. Also, similar to the daily riddle, the player has to solve a riddle to find the quest. Maybe have the magic book called "Keeper of Quests" or you know have the NPC called that. I just thought it was something cool to suggest even if this might get rejected.

MamaDaFoo

New Magician
Dark Follower Serpent
Okay, to add on to this suggestion, I know that there is already the Quest tab in /me but this is more so for the quests you haven't found yet! Sorry if my main post was confusing a bit.

dani !

Magician
Staff
Minecraft IGN: jisunize
Honeybadger Staff Phoenix Vampire Class Helper Lore Master SPEW
you'll be able to see all your finished and unfinished quests in your quest book in-game! personalizing the potterworld map for each person would be extremely difficult and wouldn't be of much use since your quest book will already tell you what quests you haven't completed (if they are unlocked) and where to find them via coords!

MamaDaFoo

New Magician
Dark Follower Serpent
Well, this is more for the quests outside of Hogsworth, not the for the school year quests that the Quest journal already provides. I've already explored the different options for the completed and current quests in /me and this is for the quests you have not found outside of Hogsworth.

MamaDaFoo

New Magician
Dark Follower Serpent
you'll be able to see all your finished and unfinished quests in your quest book in-game! personalizing the potterworld map for each person would be extremely difficult and wouldn't be of much use since your quest book will already tell you what quests you haven't completed (if they are unlocked) and where to find them via coords!
Sorry I forgot to click reply! So there's two of my comments lol.
Well, this is more for the quests outside of Hogsworth, not for the school year quests that the Quest journal already provides. I've already explored the different options for the completed and current quests in /me and this suggestion is for the quests you have not found, outside of Hogsworth. I know you have to walk or fly to the next town to unlock it in your compass and journal, then you explore the area but I'm not good at coords at all as it does confuse me so I think a riddle to find it with the coords would be a nice addition

Last edited:

Belle

Magician
Minecraft IGN: trashdotcom
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf SPEW
the quest journal that is obtained in /me shows all the quests that players can do, not just the hogsworth ones :) the lower level ones start in hosworth, but as the years go up, players do quests all around the map

edit: thought i might add, that in the gameplay "upcoming content" section (at the bottom of the page) they plan to add starting quest locations to the enchanted compass as well, to make it easier for players who have difficulties with coordinates

Last edited:

dani !

Magician
Staff
Minecraft IGN: jisunize
Honeybadger Staff Phoenix Vampire Class Helper Lore Master SPEW
Sorry I forgot to click reply! So there's two of my comments lol.
Well, this is more for the quests outside of Hogsworth, not for the school year quests that the Quest journal already provides. I've already explored the different options for the completed and current quests in /me and this suggestion is for the quests you have not found, outside of Hogsworth. I know you have to walk or fly to the next town to unlock it in your compass and journal, then you explore the area but I'm not good at coords at all as it does confuse me so I think a riddle to find it with the coords would be a nice addition
similar to what belle said, all quests are in the quest journal! the year 1 quests just take place in hogsworth, but as you graduate to higher years you'll be able to unlock quests in other locations! traveling to these various locations will not unlock the quests since they are unlocked based on levels, and some require a previous quest to be completed to be unlocked!

MamaDaFoo

New Magician
Dark Follower Serpent
similar to what belle said, all quests are in the quest journal! the year 1 quests just take place in hogsworth, but as you graduate to higher years you'll be able to unlock quests in other locations! traveling to these various locations will not unlock the quests since they are unlocked based on levels, and some require a previous quest to be completed to be unlocked!
Oh yeah i know that I'm just well very, idk how to say it without swearing, with coordinates lol
I wrote this and my previous reply when I was tired and frustrated, can we just lock this whole thread? :cry: I feel so embarrassed that I wrote this! I know of all the other things mentioned except for the compass thing, I do think that while in the compass it should maybe include hints of where to find it or something similar? Because even with a compass you'll be running into walls and going somewhere completely different than where you intended making you on the opposite side of where you need to be, if you do not have a broom! << That has happened to me before, do not ask how.. it was a nightmare to navigate even with the map... I have no idea what I was thinking when I wrote this whole thread. Anyways, thank you for informing me and dealing with my stupid-ness.

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Heya @MamaDaFoo,

As you've indicated you were confused and are retracting the suggestion, I'll move this thread to the declined section of the forums.

Just to include what everyone else has said and to hopefully clear up any misunderstandings, I'll try to explain the current system of findings quest really quickly. If you have any questions, feel free to ask again in this thread and I'll do my best to answer them. I'd also recommend checking out /help as that does include most of this information as well.

So firstly, it's important to mention that most of the quests currently existing can be found in the quest journal (obtainable from /me > quests). The quest journal has different sections for different years and all the quests of each year can be found in them, regardless of where they are found on the map. The quest journal includes the coordinates of the starting NPCs of each quest and a short description that usually also includes which area the quest can be started at. The quest journal also shows you if you haven't started a quest, it's in progress, or if you have completed it.
The only exceptions to this are side-quests or activities that are deliberately hidden from players so that they can explore. Currently, there are only four of these, but we will be looking to add more of these in the future.

Then there's also the magical compass (obtainable from the top-right corner of /me). This can either be set to guide you to different locations, by indicating the direction you have to go in or to guide you towards certain towns. In the future, we will also be looking into adding a guide to quest starting locations to the compass, as can be seen in the upcoming content section of gameplay notes, but this is not set in stone nor does it have an ETA.

Lastly, there is the online map found here. This can mostly be used to find certain locations (for example if the description of a quest gives you a location), but it does show you your current position when you do /map in-game and follow the link. If you hover over a place on the map, you can also see the coordinates of this place in the bottom-left corner of the map.

It's probably also important to mention that there is not really a way of "unlocking" quests. Currently, you simply unlock them by leveling up to the correct level (or finding the starting areas for the "hidden" ones).

Hopefully, this was somewhat understandable. Thank you for not hesitating to leave your feedback on the forums and have a magical day!