DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Quest Parkour

allure_e

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: allure_e
Honeybadger
Hello! I'm relatively new to Minecraft, only been playing for maybe a month, and the absolute worst thing for me is the amount of parkour that this server features. I find it nearly impossible to get through quite a number of quests. I actually spent three entire days trying to pass the first year divination parkour course without success, and honestly I never passed it. I'd given up on the server entirely at that point because I was completely stuck and convinced I wouldn't be able to move on until my friend offered to complete it for me. We play together often, and even though he's been playing for years he also has issues with the parkour.

My point for this post is honestly just reconsidering some of the parkour! A lot of it is way too difficult for newer players, and there have been many times that I've simply given up on quests because I spent hours or even days trying to get the parkour right. I tried asking for help, studying the map better, tried different approaches, but I simply was unable to complete these. I know I'm not the only person with such problems, so I think either making the parkour easier or somehow setting it up so that if a player fails a certain number of times they can still move on would be really helpful. Failing that many times is exhausting, and makes me question how much fun the server really is for me since I just end up feeling like a failure for being unable to complete something that the creators obviously thought was easy enough for the entire server to pass by putting it into main quests that are required for graduation.

I think that the map makers did a brilliant job, and it genuinely is rather fun, but the amount of times I've failed or been unable to progress for days due to simply parkour outweighs the fun I'm having on the server otherwise. I've spent more time stuck on parkour on this server than actually getting to play, a fact that I find rather disturbing and disheartening.

Miss_Strudel

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Miss_Strudel
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Vampire Werewolf Lead Game Designer SPEW Lead
Hi I’m not part of the Poltergeist team that will be going over your suggestion, but I would like to clarify that these bits are optional. You do not need to complete the quests to graduate and can level up in alternative ways, such as writing in classes. The instances in which a parkour or other similar skill-based gameplay blocks discovering a location or future quests are currently being reviewed as has been suggested on the forums, though any of these instances is a long way off from first year. There are some that enjoy skill-based gameplay and the goal is never to make this a mandatory struggle, but a fun challenge for those that want it.

I’m unsure if you’ve played our Halloween event, but a majority of the quests in this event did have a parkour element. I do definitely see this as a a problem for those that don't enjoy or are unable to complete parkours and can confirm that this will 100% not be the case for the in-progress Christmas event.

My best advice is that if a specific piece of gameplay becomes super frustrating, move on and do something else with your friend. You can always return after completing the other things to do and though it may set you a bit behind them at the time being in terms of gold or exp, but there are alternative ways to earn those things. My discord is strudel#8392 , feel free to add me and I can point you in the direction of the parkourless quests. I’m also happy to hear about any alternative gameplay you’d like to see more of as we release more in the future.

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Heya @RosesAreRosey!
Thank you for suggesting this! However, this thread is a duplicate of this thread and will therefore be marked as a duplicate and moved into declined. If you have any questions, I would recommend reading through the decision on that thread, as it goes into a direction similar to Strudel's reply.
Thanks again and have a wonderful day!