DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Remove Searcher

TallBlondeDude

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: TallBlondeDude
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf
Again, how is a good player ruining a game by doing something he's clearly talented at?
because the other players dont have counterplay. Its not that the player is better then them and out plays them, its that they *cannot* impact how well that player does. It is the difference between getting outpassed in a passer 1v1 and having the searcher catch 7. One its your fault you lost - they out played you, the other one you have no agency over.

Ivan_

Professor
Minecraft IGN: _Navyy
Auralock Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf
because the other players dont have counterplay. Its not that the player is better then them and out plays them, its that they *cannot* impact how well that player does. It is the difference between getting outpassed in a passer 1v1 and having the searcher catch 7. One its your fault you lost - they out played you, the other one you have no agency over.
Still makes zero sense. How is 1v1 passer different from 1v1 searcher? You're saying it like only one team has a searcher. The searcher on the other team is the "counter" play. And just how you can knock a passer, you can knock a searcher as well.

TallBlondeDude

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: TallBlondeDude
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf
Still makes zero sense. How is 1v1 passer different from 1v1 searcher? You're saying it like only one team has a searcher. The searcher on the other team is the "counter" play. And just how you can knock a passer, you can knock a searcher as well.
I explained how it is different. The passer sub-game involves the whole team, the searcher involves just the searcher. This is a huge and glaring difference. I never talked about searcher v searcher, so I do not understand what you are saying there. And I covered the argument about knocking a passer and a searcher in my main post if you wish to re-read that <3.

Overall, of the 3 top 5 players that have weighed in on this either publicly or privately, we all understand how searcher is a bad influence. To a newer player who has not felt the pulse of the game as much, with its sub-game dynamics, the issue is not as apparent.

Lilian

Dragonologist
Minecraft IGN: Liyl
Auralock Dark Follower Serpent
that is indeed how ur average novice, mediocre, queue player would see the game. however, when it comes to advanced or skilled players, the skill-cap is raised to such a point that there is little to no counter in searcher gameplay

Ivan_

Professor
Minecraft IGN: _Navyy
Auralock Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf
I explained how it is different. The passer sub-game involves the whole team, the searcher involves just the searcher. This is a huge and glaring difference. I never talked about searcher v searcher, so I do not understand what you are saying there. And I covered the argument about knocking a passer and a searcher in my main post if you wish to re-read that <3.

Overall, of the 3 top 5 players that have weighed in on this either publicly or privately, we all understand how searcher is a bad influence. To a newer player who has not felt the pulse of the game as much, with its sub-game dynamics, the issue is not as apparent.
But that's how the game is supposed to work. Its not like the defender is supposed to defend the snitch. I mentioned the searcher vs search because this is a team game, so whichever position is OP, it's OP for both sides, which does make it equal out - now the issue is when one team has a skilled searcher and the other team doesn't. My take on that is 1. A more skilled searcher has the right to carry the team (that's at least my opinion) 2. The current point difference isn't even that much for this much trouble. I believe the snitch should be made that way so even the best searchers struggle to catch it while a passer can score 3 goals.

Lilian

Dragonologist
Minecraft IGN: Liyl
Auralock Dark Follower Serpent
But that's how the game is supposed to work. Its not like the defender is supposed to defend the snitch. I mentioned the searcher vs search because this is a team game, so whichever position is OP, it's OP for both sides, which does make it equal out - now the issue is when one team has a skilled searcher and the other team doesn't. My take on that is 1. A more skilled searcher has the right to carry the team (that's at least my opinion) 2. The current point difference isn't even that much for this much trouble. I believe the snitch should be made that way so even the best searchers struggle to catch it while a passer can score 3 goals.
home dog the thing is that the best searchers don't struggle to catch it

Jae ⊹₊ ⋆

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: xMye
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Lore Master SPEW Lead Arena Master Lead
Hello @TallBlondeDude!

We will not be removing the searcher position, as it is a crucial position in the game. It adds a different position that is fun for variety. However, we do acknowledge that right now the role is too important in the game and can easily sway the result. Therefore we have lowered the amount of points catching a Swippet gives from 30 to 20. We will be monitoring this and seeing how it works moving forwards.

However, thank you for suggesting this and for everyone else giving their thoughts and opinions. I hope you all have a wonderful day:serpent: