DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Remove Water from Wiz PE

Zadanthalion

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: ZADANeth
Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix
It takes a really long time to swim through maps like Wipeout just to try again on the parkour. It's kinda pointless... just there to make us suffer...
I dunno, most of the Wiz PE experience is pretty trash most of the time, I don't know if removing the water would really do much but be more work for them for the same amount of complaints that would just refocus to other aspects. We all know most of us just jump in and go afk while invisible - just checking in every now and then to give it another try or answer trivia. We just watch the same 2 or 3 people get it every time. Lol

Zmiya

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: Zmiy
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire VIP Werewolf SPEW
All of the current maps except wipeout don't have water, so I'm a little confused by your suggestion :' ). In my opinion, wipeout should keep the water as it adds to its reputation of being the most difficult and frustrating course. I personally only offer that course for people who have finished and never pick it as the course everyone has to do as most people don't enjoy it and can't complete it in 45 minutes.

Frebii

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Frebii
Griffin Phoenix SPEW
All of the current maps except wipeout don't have water, so I'm a little confused by your suggestion :' ). In my opinion, wipeout should keep the water as it adds to its reputation of being the most difficult and frustrating course. I personally only offer that course for people who have finished and never pick it as the course everyone has to do as most people don't enjoy it and can't complete it in 45 minutes.
The course should be the difficult thing and not the way to the course.

Zmiya

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: Zmiy
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire VIP Werewolf SPEW
The course should be the difficult thing and not the way to the course.
You're definitely right! The course should be the main thing that's the challenge, not getting back to the beginning of your stage. However, imo, I think the fact that it's the only course right now with that extra factor that makes it so difficult makes it more intimidating. Saying this, I'm not opposed to the idea of getting rid of the water because it's not a super significant change, but it'll make the course easier and will also take away from the fact that it's a wipeout-themed map.

An alternative suggestion, maybe we could meet in the middle and instead of getting rid of water or just keeping water, we could have super easy jumps made out of white stained glass so that there's still the challenge of water but it's much easier to get back to the start? These jumps obviously would be placed so people can't shortcut the parkour too.

Frebii

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Frebii
Griffin Phoenix SPEW
You're definitely right! The course should be the main thing that's the challenge, not getting back to the beginning of your stage. However, imo, I think the fact that it's the only course right now with that extra factor that makes it so difficult makes it more intimidating. Saying this, I'm not opposed to the idea of getting rid of the water because it's not a super significant change, but it'll make the course easier and will also take away from the fact that it's a wipeout-themed map.

An alternative suggestion, maybe we could meet in the middle and instead of getting rid of water or just keeping water, we could have super easy jumps made out of white stained glass so that there's still the challenge of water but it's much easier to get back to the start? These jumps obviously would be placed so people can't shortcut the parkour too.
yeah I definitly agree with you I (and I think many experienced players) dont rly mind both options, however i get why other (mostly newer) players find it frustrating because when you haven't practiced this map that much it can definitly be an extra frustrating factor

Mateo

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: daance
Auralock Dark Follower Serpent SPEW
Hey everyone! Thanks for bringing up this idea! I understand your points, and this is something we want to do, but slightly differently :‍o we want to make courses teleport you back to the start of that specific section if you fall, so it's easier and you do not have to swim all the way back. Professors have the option to not use this however. We have started doing this so keep an eye out for when it's released 👀! 👁👄👁