DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Reset the Quabbleball Leaderboard

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
The current iteration of Quabbleball is significantly different to the original version. Past updates such as preventing loss evasion by giving a loss to a player if they left the game before the game ended and then the much recent quabbleball updates should warrant a leaderboard reset.

I'm sure this suggestion would rile up a few ranked players who never loss evaded during the game, but I think it would be fair especially for the new crop of players who I have seen playing Quabbleball and don't really leave the game early. You can argue that the Leaderboard is there just for fun, but why did people bother to loss evade if that were the case?

Another reason to reset the leaderboard is that it may encourage NEW players to join the game if they are eager to get on a leaderboard and rank just to rank. Quabbleball doesn't get much attention except from 10 to 30 regulars and then other players who usually do it for Dailies - this can probably increase player interest in the game. On the other hand, it could discourage some ranked players from playing again if they had a legit rank.

I understand that people are probably attached to their rank on this leaderboard - and yeah it's just a leaderboard, why should I bother to care about it? But with the way Quabbleball is right now, the All-time Leaderboard doesn't really reflect the significant changes that have happened to the game. I know that the objectives of the game are the same, but the way it is played right now compared to the first version is totally different.

Frebii

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Frebii
Griffin Phoenix SPEW
I think they should just add a 30 Days Leaderboard to give new and active players some recognition but I strongly disagree with resetting the All Time Leaderboard.
It's already in the name: All Time Leaderboard. I dont think an update to the gameplay is a reason to reset the leaderboard whatsoever. Even if people loss evaded in the past (hehe bwoi) the number is just so low compared to the players that did not and therefore disrespecting their total hours and days of playing this game can not be a solution.

Also theres no way a new leaderboard would attract new players when not even the new QB updates did.

Last edited:

Ivan_

Professor
Minecraft IGN: _Navyy
Auralock Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf
I think they should just add a 30 Days Leaderboard to give new and active players some recognition but I strongly disagree with resetting the All Time Leaderboard.
It already says in the name: All Time Leaderboard. I dont think an update to the gameplay is a reason to reset the leaderboard whatsoever. Even if people loss evaded in the past (hehe bwoi) the number is just so low compared to the players that did not and therefore disrespecting their total hours and days of playing this game can not be a solution.

Also theres no way a new leaderboard would attract new players when not even the new QB updates did.
Loss evading should've been handled back then and not now. And I agree, a updated game shouldn't have a whole new leaderboard each time.

Somnambulist

Librarian
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
It's already in the name: All Time Leaderboard. I dont think an update to the gameplay is a reason to reset the leaderboard whatsoever.
I remember asking for a quarterly leaderboard for all of the /games that could help out with tournaments and give house points but they denied it because they didn't want players to be competitive or something. If they did a monthly leaderboard then they may say something similar or that it's impossible to do.

Honestly would prefer a Monthly Leaderboard because it would help players that want to start Quabbleball Tournaments and keep track of player wins and such. Only if it included other stats like goals and swippets scored since Bruiser and Defender stats aren't tracked.

Even if people loss evaded in the past (hehe bwoi) the number is just so low compared to the players that did not and therefore disrespecting their total hours and days of playing this game can not be a solution.
Then what about the players who actually played and stayed during the entire round? Are they're supposed to take the disrespect from the players who loss evaded countless times? Even if they played "hours and days" they still ruined the Leaderboard by loss evading in order to get their wins up.

If that's the case then there's really nothing to lose by resetting the leaderboard! Right? :unsure:

Anyway, resetting the leaderboard or having a monthly one would have been a good way to start QB Tournaments because the server can't be bothered to start one.

Frebii

Graduate
Griffin Phoenix SPEW
"If that's the case then there's really nothing to lose by resetting the leaderboard! Right? :unsure:"

WOW if that's the case then there's really nothing to lose by NOT resetting the leaderboard!? Right? :eek:
Why would they reset the all time QB leaderboard and not any other minigame that had gotten updates in the past? Because gameplay updates do not depend on leaderboard changes at all. The game in general stays the same they're just adjusting gameplay features like roles maps etc.

"Then what about the players who actually played and stayed during the entire round? Are they're supposed to take the disrespect from the players who loss evaded countless times? Even if they played "hours and days" they still ruined the Leaderboard by loss evading in order to get their wins up."

bro what are you on about? you know maybe 1 in 100 players (occasionally) loss evaded? percentage wise the number of games it effected is so low compared to overall playtime and wins and losses that its just not worth to disregard the players that didn't loss evade. It's not like the whole leaderboard is rigged by loss evading, quite the opposite. The leaderboard would literally look about identical to as it is right now if loss evading didn't exist in the first place.

If you add an additional 30 days leaderboard. Fine. But I've not seen 1 good argument as why the all time leaderboard should be removed while there are countless arguments made against it.

And what about the playerbase? Besides you I've not seen one person complaining about the leaderboard desperately needing a reset.

Why care so much bro? It's just a leaderboard :(

Frebii

Graduate
Griffin Phoenix SPEW
"If that's the case then there's really nothing to lose by resetting the leaderboard! Right? :unsure:"

WOW if that's the case then there's really nothing to lose by NOT resetting the leaderboard!? Right? :eek:
Why would they reset the all time QB leaderboard and not any other minigame that had gotten updates in the past? Because gameplay updates do not depend on leaderboard changes at all. The game in general stays the same they're just adjusting gameplay features like roles maps etc.

"Then what about the players who actually played and stayed during the entire round? Are they're supposed to take the disrespect from the players who loss evaded countless times? Even if they played "hours and days" they still ruined the Leaderboard by loss evading in order to get their wins up."

bro what are you on about? you know maybe 1 in 100 players (occasionally) loss evaded? percentage wise the number of games it effected is so low compared to overall playtime and wins and losses that its just not worth to disregard the players that didn't loss evade. It's not like the whole leaderboard is rigged by loss evading, quite the opposite. The leaderboard would literally look about identical to as it is right now if loss evading didn't exist in the first place.

If you add an additional 30 days leaderboard. Fine. But I've not seen 1 good argument as why the all time leaderboard should be removed while there are countless arguments made against it.

And what about the playerbase? Besides you I've not seen one person complaining about the leaderboard desperately needing a reset.

TallBlondeDude

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: TallBlondeDude
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf
If they were going to reset leaderbaords it needed to be done after the removal of changing teams. That was the single biggest impact on the LB, loss evading was nearly nothing, even in the hands of the king of evading freb. The Mortes, me and lily especially, were able to get insane w/ls by stacking teams. You dont have to evade when you win every game 350 - 0.

Somnambulist

Librarian
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
I'm unsure about changes related to the other /games other than new maps, gold adjustments and Party Games updates.
I know that Quabbleball has had quite a few significant changes though.
Quabbleball started on March 2019
Update during August 2020
Random Teams started - October 2020
Adding a loss to a player leaving a game early - March 2021.
Major Quabbleball update - April 2022

And I agree with Tall that the leaderboard should have been reset when the game was changed to random teams because of how stacked chosen teams were most of the time. Players can't choose their team right now and I'm sure it has a big effect on their Leaderboard standing. The last three updates listed should have at least reset the leaderboard though due to how much of an impact it has had on the way the game is played. I know the objectives are still the same, it's just that these updates show a noticeable difference in how the game is being played now - I used to main Bruiser, but now I tend to stay as Passer because of the way they nerfed the Bruiser position.

No idea where you got that number from, but I'm sure there's a good amount of players that have left the game just to loss evade. And yeah, you're right, it might not affect the leaderboard, but think about it - if players really did loss evade, then should they be on the leaderboard at the position that they're in right now?

Yeah a Monthly Leaderboard would be fine, but if the server staff wanted to make one then I'm sure there would have been one already. That's another reason to clear up the board - Maybe make a third one since they still have the Quabbleball World Cup stats up still.

I guess this is what the thread is for? Feedback from other players would be nice. And yeah it seems like it's just me promoting this suggestion, but it's not like I made this suggestion for a nefarious reason - heck I'm in the Top 20 on the leaderboard - no idea how! It would be nice to see a refresh since that board started back in 2019 too.

Lilian

Dragonologist
Minecraft IGN: Liyl
Auralock Dark Follower Serpent
id just like to say that loss evasion or not, ive played more qb than everyone who has replied to this thread and ive won more too🤷🏻‍♀️

Somnambulist

Librarian
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
I think an alternative suggestion could be to archive the current All-Time Leaderboard similar to how they moved the Quabbleball World Cup leaderboard to the side. Archiving would keep current stats whilst a new leaderboard gets populated with new stats.

suzie

Notable Magician
Staff
Minecraft IGN: 20zuzka04
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Vampire Prefect SPEW Sr. Poltergeist
Hey @Somnambulist !

This suggestion has unfortunately been declined. There is no way for us to archive or reset leaderboards without deleting everyone's stats forever, which is something we do not want to do. Additionally, it is unfortunately not possible for us to create a 30 day leaderboard with how game stats are saved, and this is not something we can work around. That being said, we do still want to look into doing a leaderboard competition over a certain time frame.

Regardless, thank you for creating this suggestion and we hope you have a great day!