DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Reset Token Cooldown

Should this get added?

• Yes.

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • No.

Votes: 5 62.5%

• Total voters

Will

New Magician
I really don't get the point of a monthly cooldown. Is it for more security reasons or it's hard for the server to reset? It gets incredibly difficult for me if I want to do a challenge of some sort like hardcore. I feel like you should be able to reset at anytime. This will benefit us by:
  • Not having to wait a month between resets
  • Reduce more work that the server has to do by removing it from the store and providing more space for cosmetics.
Now as it goes for security, I don't think it should be a problem. Currently, the confirmation screen is enough. If they want to be extra safe, at the last step there could be a 10-second cool down before you hit confirm so if you were to spam accidentally it doesn't reset. It should also be removed from the store because people could constantly buy tokens and cause some performance issues possibly and it's for the best. I think they should have done a cooldown ingame unless buying it in the store is even more confirmation.

Please Explain why you voted no if you did.

Last edited:

Sunnya

Professor
Minecraft IGN: Sunnya
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire VIP Werewolf SPEW
Hey there & thank you for making this thread!

The reason we have a cooldown for the account reset is that it can be taken advantage of by players. Many new players use it as a way to resort if do not like the house they were sorted into. While we're okay with this happening once, but we don't want this to be constantly happening. Also, we want to encourage players to actually play the game instead of just restarting multiple times.

As for performance on the store and providing more space, this is not a concern or worry. Us Store Managers are constantly thinking of new cosmetics and rewards to add to the store and this is not taking any space. :D We will also be keeping the reset option on our store as it is an easy way for us to track who has received it.

luckiestblock

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: luckiestblock
Honeybadger
I like the fact that it is on the store. Yes it is annoying but to me that is kind of the point. For example if you have younger siblings who play Minecraft on your account and they see "do /reset to reset your account" in the chat it is not a stretch to think there is a chance your hundreds of hours of playtime will get deleted in an instance by someone who doesn't understand their actions. Due to the extra obstacle via the store it means that will never happen.

It also means that you really have to think about whether you actually want to reset or not and really make sure that you standby your own decision. You have to answer several more confirmation messages then what it is normal to really 110% know you want to reset.

Ashh

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: AzureAsh
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Discord Moderator SPEW Game Designer Lead
Hia to both the thread creator and those who have interacted with this post!

Thanks for creating this suggestion. We appreciate that you have taken the time to do so, and value any and all feedback and suggestions we receive on these forums. This suggestion has unfortunately been declined. As Sunnya previously mentioned on this thread, having a month cooldown is to prevent this feature being taken advantage of and letting players use it as a means of resorting constantly. Players will also be less likely to progress through the game if the option to reset repeatedly is there. We will also be keeping this feature on the store and not moving it in-game. It is a good confirmation system, as mentioned above by luckiestblock, and makes it so that not just any person on your account in game has the chance to do so. We believe the reset token being on the store is fine as it is currently, and do not see much reason for changing how this system works.

Jake Cresswell

Notable Magician
Staff
Drooble's Order
Minecraft IGN: jake_ft
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Lead Prefect Discord Moderator Jr. Professor SPEW Sr. Architect Store Intern Drooble's Order Lead
Its been almost two months now and The reset token still won't work after the first time I used it.
Hello!
It might be worth creating a ticket on the website for this issue, which you can do by clicking here. That way someone can investigate why it may not be working for you.