DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Resorting, this needs to change, now and forever

SPanda2419

New Magician
Hello, today I spent 2 dollars if we are being exact. Which for me isn't a lot and I'm lucky about that but for some, it could. I understand there is a "disclaimer" but there shouldn't have to be. If I spend my money on something to get into A DIFFERENT HOUSE. I better at least change houses, it's not the fact that I didn't get the house I wanted. It's the fact I DIDN'T CHANGE. So, I'm here requesting/ telling you to change it so if someone purchases this that they won't have this issue like me. Having to talk to someone who didn't help in the game and was told to submit a form. So "Hi" people whom I talked to, you were not helpful. I probably sound like a 9-year-old lecturing you, I'm not, I promise, but I'm a mod in a Minecraft server I promise and my friend is a mod in hypixel. I'm not trying to be like "my dad owns Minecraft", no. You guys are proving to the people who don't buy stuff from games. It's a money-sucker. You take my money, me thinking I'll get something out of it, and I don't. So in conclusion, I better get a refund, this better change because I bet I'm not the first to say this and I won't be the last if it doesn't change. You might say this isn't game-breaking, so we don't need to worry, but it can be, we're talking about people's money here.

nathan1e

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: nathan1e
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
If I spend my money on something to get into A DIFFERENT HOUSE.
But the point is, you didn't. You spent your money on a resort, which is simply retaking the sorting quiz. That's what you spent your money on: retaking the quiz. I know I said it twice but you make it all sound like you were scammed into buying something you didn't get, but that's simply not the case. Nowhere does it say that you're guaranteed to get into the house of your desire if you buy a resort, it even has a very good disclaimer right at the top.

For those of you who don't want to go all the way to the store for the sake of reading the disclaimer:
WARNING!
A resort only allows you to take the quiz again. We do not guarantee that you will be placed into the house of your choice, and nor will we refund the re-sort if you are dissatisfied with the house you were placed in or if you are resorted into the same house as you are in currently.
And yes, I know you mentioned this disclaimer;

I understand there is a "disclaimer" but there shouldn't have to be.
There should definitely be a disclaimer like that if there is no other indication that this store item simply buys you a retake of the quiz rather than "pick-your-desired-house". If you want the store to ALSO have a store item that sells a "pick-your-desired-house" game service, then you should say that, but I don't think there's any reason whatsoever to criticise the current store item.

Having to talk to someone who didn't help in the game and was told to submit a form. So "Hi" people whom I talked to, you were not helpful.
I understand someone in-game tried to help you, but couldn't help you as they weren't qualified, yet still did the best they could by (I assume) telling you to submit a website support ticket. People who pick those tickets are the people qualified to give you an answer, and will therefore be capable enough to help you.
I don't know who tried to help you in-game, but they did the best they could and even directed you to the proper place to go with your problem. I'd say that this person did a great job at helping you, even though it didn't help your case a whole lot: they did the best they could, and even helped you find the right spot to bring up your problem. Do you really think it respectful to someone who's only trying to help you by doing the best they can, to say they weren't helpful?

SPanda2419

New Magician
But the point is, you didn't. You spent your money on a resort, which is simply retaking the sorting quiz. That's what you spent your money on: retaking the quiz. I know I said it twice but you make it all sound like you were scammed into buying something you didn't get, but that's simply not the case. Nowhere does it say that you're guaranteed to get into the house of your desire if you buy a resort, it even has a very good disclaimer right at the top.

For those of you who don't want to go all the way to the store for the sake of reading the disclaimer:

There should definitely be a disclaimer like that if there is no other indication that this store item simply buys you a retake of the quiz rather than "pick-your-desired-house". If you want the store to ALSO have a store item that sells a "pick-your-desired-house" game service, then you should say that, but I don't think there's any reason whatsoever to criticise the current store item.

I understand someone in-game tried to help you, but couldn't help you as they weren't qualified, yet still did the best they could by (I assume) telling you to submit a website support ticket. People who pick those tickets are the people qualified to give you an answer, and will therefore be capable enough to help you.
I don't know who tried to help you in-game, but they did the best they could and even directed you to the proper place to go with your problem. I'd say that this person did a great job at helping you, even though it didn't help your case a whole lot: they did the best they could, and even helped you find the right spot to bring up your problem. Do you really think it respectful to someone who's only trying to help you by doing the best they can, to say they weren't helpful?
then you need to make it so if someone buys the resorting hat to "retake the quiz", they get in a new house, no matter what, make a command or change the gaming stuff, I DONT KNOW, so it can't get into the house your already in. No one wants to retake it to get the same house. Just like you wouldn't want to re-take a quiz in really life and get the same score.

SPanda2419

New Magician

and its fine if you don't agree with me, but I know I'm not the first to say this, so maybe you would consider changing the way it works.

SPanda2419

New Magician
I understand they were doing there best, they got me so many people to talk about this, they did a lot. But all the people just said to me "submit a form" and that's not helping. They want me to type something so that a person who can actually fix this, MIGHT READ IT?! You suppose to help me, maybe suggest to me what I should do next time, maybe instead of me having to submit a form, they would talk to people. So i stand by what I say, they didn't help me.

Alexa Zoldyck

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: AlexShock
Auralock Dark Follower Serpent Vampire
Hey Hey Hey, Imma Put my thoughts bout this out here.

I really think that the resort Process is fine the way it is.

I've resorted about 3 times now to different houses because I've wanted to join my friend in their houses.

When you buy a resort token, there is a disclaimer it states " WARNING! A resort only allows you to take the quiz again. We do not guarantee that you will be placed into the house of your choice, and nor will we refund the re-sort if you are dissatisfied with the house you were placed in or if you are resorted into the same house as you are in currently. "

This Is put for the reason. you chose the same answer in the past, which means you got to put in the same house.

Like Luka Said, t's just like if you retake a test in real life and get the same grade.

If I spend my money on something to get into A DIFFERENT HOUSE. .
Your Kinda makes it sound like you were scammed into buying it, when it was your choice to buy it.

Just my thoughts tho!

SPanda2419

New Magician
I think that the way it is as of right now is fine because they give you a disclaimer for it. It's just like if you retake a test in real life and get the same grade. That's just my view on it! :)
Yeah, your right but don't you think that's annoying, like getting the same score, it's like everything I did was for nothing

okay so I am getting a new resorting ticket cause I really wanna be a Serpent. Did this guy actually answer the questions base on what can get you into Serpent, or did it just put him in Serpent because he answer the last question as Serpent? All of the questions are the same (have done a resorting ticket before) except for the last one, they don't ask which house do you think you belong in.
START AT 4:32

Chriss

Dragonologist
Drooble's Order
Minecraft IGN: ChrissShock
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf SPEW Drooble's Order
Yeah, your right but don't you think that's annoying, like getting the same score, it's like everything I did was for nothing
I don't think it's annoying at all, it's just life to be honest. Nothing you can really do about it. :)

TallBlondeDude

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: TallBlondeDude
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf
okay so I am getting a new resorting ticket cause I really wanna be a Serpent. Did this guy actually answer the questions base on what can get you into Serpent, or did it just put him in Serpent because he answer the last question as Serpent? All of the questions are the same (have done a resorting ticket before) except for the last one, they don't ask which house do you think you belong in.
START AT 4:32
You have to answer all the questions as if you were a serpent, each question has equal weight.

Aviforma

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Aviforma
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent SPEW
i mean taking the quiz is pretty much just choosing your house all you have to do is be overly cruel and betray people to get serpents, smart to get ravens, nice to get honeybadgers, and brave to get griffins. might as well make resorting a selection thing at that point.

MamaDuckie

Head of Media
Head Staff
Staff
Minecraft IGN: MamaDuckie
Staff Head Staff Raven
Hello there! I'm sorry you seem to have had such a hard time with your purchase. Specifically for that item from our store, there is a disclaimer like above posters have stated that the purchase of the resorting token only allows you to retake the sorting quiz. Disclaimers are there for a reason so that you know exactly what you're buying before you buy it.

When retaking the quiz, if you answer the same way you did as the last time, you're more than likely to get the same house as before. Also like others have stated, sorting into specific houses depends on how you answer each question - if you want to be a Griffin, pick the answers that lean on bravery and selflessness, for Raven - pick the ones that are full of wisdom and logic, for Honeybadgers - kindness is your best shot, and for Serpent you'd go for the more cunning or ambitious answers. You have to answer them as if someone in that house would, otherwise you'd get sorted into the house of whichever answers ticked the most points for a specific house. Remember though, all of the answers count, not just the last one. That is the point of a Sorting Hat Quiz. If we wanted to make it so that you simply get to pick your house that easily, then it wouldn't be true to the series we take inspiration from nor would it allow the roleplay aspect of the server to shine through.

Also, a lot of players take the quiz honestly to see where they would end up in - aka to see if they are a "true" Raven, Griffin, Honeybadger or Serpent.

If you're still unhappy with this, then you'd need to make a Support Ticket here on forums explaining your situation and a Store Manager will get back to you on it and help you further. You can find a link to that section of forums here: https://potterworldmc.com/forums/support-tickets.30/

As for your issue with staff, if you feel you've been mistreated by staff or feel that they were not doing everything in their power to help you, then I suggest you take it up with their Head of Department so that they can look into it and deal with it accordingly. A post on them here in the Suggestions and Feedback section of forums will not really help you solve your issue with them.

Depending on what department they are in, you can contact Deniz, Sunnya, Aria, RobotWiz or Alexis. You can find a list of our Head Staff at the top of this page which you can find here: https://potterworldmc.com/members/?key=staff

Again, I am sorry you've had a difficult time in with this situation, but as this is not really the appropriate location on forums to deal with it, I'm going to move this thread over to the declined section of forums. If you're still having issues with anything, you can send myself or any other member of staff a DM here on forums and we can help you to the best of our abilities or direct you to where you can find the help you need.