DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Resource pack suggestion

ColaCinema

Magician
Minecraft IGN: ColaCinema
Dark Follower Serpent Vampire
Hello!

Could the spells from tools with durability be changed to skulls with custom textures?
it opens up some space for other custom 3D models!
i made a explain:
The above row is how it is now, with the Tool durability.
On the second row it are skulls with custom textures.

And the symbols used in the GUI could be changed aswell:

but this works really well, since the resource pack has the skull placed like that.
it could also be used for the instruments with the letters.

if there are any questions please let me know!

Honey_Dwarf1

Archivist
Minecraft IGN: Honey_Dwarf1
Phoenix Raven
i'm not too sure about this one - i don't really know how the diamond axes are changed to make them display as a spell icon, but it doesn't seem to be durability, unlike the 3D models so they seem to have different changes to the normal tool. A diamond tool has 1561 uses, and I can't see us running out of them any time soon, especially since both hoes and shovels are used for models. Pickaxes and axes seem to be used for spells, but I can't work out how. All in all, I don't think there's enough need to transfer them to heads since there's no real shortage of space.

Another issue is that the custom heads that you provided are much less high definition than the current ones and a downgrade in quality wouldn't be great, and (I don't remember if i'm remembering this correctly) emotes were changed a while back from custom heads to something else so that they would load quicker, and I think there would be an issue in how fast it would load if these changed to heads.

ColaCinema

Magician
Minecraft IGN: ColaCinema
Dark Follower Serpent Vampire
i'm not too sure about this one - i don't really know how the diamond axes are changed to make them display as a spell icon, but it doesn't seem to be durability, unlike the 3D models so they seem to have different changes to the normal tool. A diamond tool has 1561 uses, and I can't see us running out of them any time soon, especially since both hoes and shovels are used for models. Pickaxes and axes seem to be used for spells, but I can't work out how. All in all, I don't think there's enough need to transfer them to heads since there's no real shortage of space.

Another issue is that the custom heads that you provided are much less high definition than the current ones and a downgrade in quality wouldn't be great, and (I don't remember if i'm remembering this correctly) emotes were changed a while back from custom heads to something else so that they would load quicker, and I think there would be an issue in how fast it would load if these changed to heads.
yeah i can agree that it has some flaws to it,
the diamond axe use the durability of the tool but only show the icon when the tool is unbreakable.
and yes if there is no need for space then dont do it, the quality is dropped when you use heads.
but this idea came up because some items are reused, of ofcourse items are reused anyway.

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Hiya @ColaCinema!

Thank you for taking the time to make your suggestion! I have gone and brought up your suggestion to the rest of the Poltergeist team. Once it goes through discussion and the leadership team reaches a final decision, I'll return to you with a response as soon as possible!

Have a great day!

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Hi again @ColaCinema!

On behalf of the Poltergeist team, I'd like to thank you again for creating your suggestion! After some discussion, I'm here to inform you that this suggestion has been declined, unfortunately. This is because heads create a lot of lag in GUIs and menus when they load up, as you can probably tell when opening the head shop or a GUI containing a lot of heads. We are also able to make better quality textures through remodelling items, so we are able to design these models exactly how we want them and according to our art style, instead of having to look for heads that fit what we want or having to make new heads. Additionally, the current spell icons are already models in the pack. It's not often that we add new spell icons, so space is not an issue in this regard.

Regardless of this, we hope that you continue to make more suggestions and share them with us in the nearby future! Thank you again and I hope you have a nice day!